+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help!!!how to withdraw an application online

mayfly

May 19, 2015
I am an undergraduate in an university of china. I am enrolled in an international group in McGill university in this summer. I have submitted a visa application online several days ago, but now I find that one of my files is problematic.
I need to cancel the application as soon as possible. Because before my application I ask related staff in the school to translate the support letter. However, there are some problems in her translation. The time of graduation in Chinese is Sep.2016, but in English it is June 2016. The translation is not correct. The problem is that, each version has a stamp on it (because the translation staff has the right to stamp). So I am extremely worried about that. If the VO thought that it is a fake material and this is a case of information fraud, the result is extremely serious. Do you have any idea on how to solve this problem?
Because I have already submitted it, so I can only use CASE SPECIFIC ENQUIRY (both general webform and local in Beijing), and also the email beijing-imigration@cic.gc.ca, and also question@cic.gc.ca. But now there is no reply. (My submission is on 15/May/2015)
I don't know if the local visa office (in beijing) can help me on that. But it is also hard to connect them. Is it possible to cancel an online application?

Best regards,
Mayfly

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I think you are supposed to send a case specific inquiry... And ask them to withdraw your application from consideration...

It you don't get an answer right away is okay since they might take up to a month to give an answer

mayfly

May 19, 2015
Thank you for your reply. But ordinarily they need 3-4 week for one online application decision for this kind of short period student visa. So before they decide if I can cancel the application a final decision may be made already.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I think that will be your best bet... if not... dont worry when they suspect any document if fraudulent they will notify you and ask for explanations.... so dont worry... if they consider that you will get a chance to explain what happened and since you have sent them a case specific inquiry they will know you tried to stop the proccess since you realized that

mayfly

May 19, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
I think that will be your best bet... if not... dont worry when they suspect any document if fraudulent they will notify you and ask for explanations.... so dont worry... if they consider that you will get a chance to explain what happened and since you have sent them a case specific inquiry they will know you tried to stop the proccess since you realized that
Thank you for your reply!!
Today I receive an email from CIC staff to show that they have added a file to advise the cancellation of this application. They said if the status of application is still open it will be stopped. But I still wonder that when can I start a new application because I need to visit canada on July/1/2015.

Yours, Mayfly.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
My best guess would be as soon as you pay for a new application... Did you send your passport or any other document along with the application? If not you should be able to start one right away...

Just paying the fees and doing everything all over again

mayfly

May 19, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
My best guess would be as soon as you pay for a new application... Did you send your passport or any other document along with the application? If not you should be able to start one right away...

Thank you. I didn't send my passport.
I don't want to play with online application now and I am planning to start application through visa application center. And if so it will never be cancelled?
Yours, Junyu

mayfly

May 19, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:

The following is the original email they sent to me:
"
Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

A note has been added to your file to advise the responsible office of your request to withdraw your application. Once your application is opened, it should be cancelled and it will be at the responsible office's discretion to grant a refund of the processing fees within 16 weeks.

For information purposes, if the principal applicant withdraws their application, the office will also withdraw the application for the family members included in their application.

Please note that your decision is final and that a new application will require the applicable fees.
"