+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help!! HIV positive partner can get Canada PR?

diya8214

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

My husband is HIV +. He is the primary applicant. He is very healthy with 0 viral load and 824 CD4 count. I am negative. We are going through online portals but getting diff thoughts everywhere. Just wanted to know how many chances are there that we get canada PR.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Some people are successful - some aren't. No one is going to be able to give you a %.

diya8214

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Some people are successful - some aren't. No one is going to be able to give you a %.
Yes i understand that but what should be the procedure. Should we mention it in our file or just wait for medical tests?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The medical test will uncover it. Once that happens, you should expect to receive a letter from CIC indicating they plan to deny your file for medical inadmissibility reasons. You will then have an opportunity to respond to this letter to argue why your husband will not place a burden on Canada's health care system. If his health is good - then there's certainly at least some chance you will be successful.

If you are going to apply - I would recommend you start researching now on this forum to understand the fairness letter process and what evidence you will have to provide to argue your case. Search the forum for the word "fairness" and the word "HIV". You will find lots of old discussions on this topic with good information.

Good luck.

diya8214

Star Member
Jun 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
The medical test will uncover it. Once that happens, you should expect to receive a letter from CIC indicating they plan to deny your file for medical inadmissibility reasons. You will then have an opportunity to respond to this letter to argue why your husband will not place a burden on Canada's health care system. If his health is good - then there's certainly at least some chance you will be successful.

If you are going to apply - I would recommend you start researching now on this forum to understand the fairness letter process and what evidence you will have to provide to argue your case. Search the forum for the word "fairness" and the word "HIV". You will find lots of old discussions on this topic with good information.

Good luck.

Thank u soo much for the help.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
diya8214 said:
Yes i understand that but what should be the procedure. Should we mention it in our file or just wait for medical tests?
you definitely have to disclose this infomration on your medical.

you will do the standard medical first, after you submit your application CIC will contact you and tell you to get back to your panel doctor who will have information on what other tests he will need to do. You said viral part is 0, does this mean he has 0 virus, and only has antibodies for HIV ? This is not a straight refusal., there is little room to fight it, but the outcome depends on his general health.

you will need to provide any and all other means of health insurance you have. Having extra private inscurance that will cover your medical costs at some point is advisable to have and might help you pass the medical part.