Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a doubt regarding POF and will be really grateful if the experts can help me. My mother is going to give me the settlement funds and i am planning to make a gift deed for it. Do i have to attach my mother's bank statement to show the transaction? I am planning to submit bank certificate, six months bank statement, gift deed and an affidavit. Should i include my mother's bank statement?

ashwani.m

Feb 5, 2017
Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Donor's statement is not mandatory but if you can provide it, will be better as sometimes Visa office may ask for source of fund if large amount of fund has been transferred in your account

Lotus_01

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sheeba Bernard said:
I have a doubt regarding POF and will be really grateful if the experts can help me. My mother is going to give me the settlement funds and i am planning to make a gift deed for it. Do i have to attach my mother's bank statement to show the transaction? I am planning to submit bank certificate, six months bank statement, gift deed and an affidavit. Should i include my mother's bank statement?
Hi Sheeba Bernard,

I have a suggestion. Instead of making an electronic transfer (NEFT) from your mother account to your account, get a cheque issued for that amount and deposit it in your account. By doing so, you can attach a photocopy of the cheque as a source of fund along with your gift deed without having any troubles of submitting bank statements of the donor. Reference the cheque number in your gift deed.

If you are still going ahead with NEFT transfer for some limitations, attach one month (at least one day statement) from donor highlighting the debit from their account. Reference the transaction number in your gift deed.

Hope this helps and good luck to you :)

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashwani.m said:
Donor's statement is not mandatory but if you can provide it, will be better as sometimes Visa office may ask for source of fund if large amount of fund has been transferred in your account
She is giving me the entire amount needed for settlement. My problem is that my mother is getting the money from her savings into her account.. So if she transfers the money to me in same month and i attach her bank statement for that month to show the transaction then i am worried that money coming in her account will be seen and lead to unnecessary doubts for visa officer. Even though i know they don't ask for donor's source of funds but i don't want to take any risk.

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lotus_01 said:
Hi Sheeba Bernard,

I have a suggestion. Instead of making an electronic transfer (NEFT) from your mother account to your account, get a cheque issued for that amount and deposit it in your account. By doing so, you can attach a photocopy of the cheque as a source of fund along with your gift deed without having any troubles of submitting bank statements of the donor. Reference the cheque number in your gift deed.

If you are still going ahead with NEFT transfer for some limitations, attach one month (at least one day statement) from donor highlighting the debit from their account. Reference the transaction number in your gift deed.

Hope this helps and good luck to you :)
Thank you so much..your post is really helpful. I was planning to make an electronic transfer but the option you suggested looks good. Even if i have to provide her bank statement, is it possible to get the statement from a particular date or may be for a week rather than statement of whole month?

Lotus_01

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sheeba Bernard said:
Thank you so much..your post is really helpful. I was planning to make an electronic transfer but the option you suggested looks good. Even if i have to provide her bank statement, is it possible to get the statement from a particular date or may be for a week rather than statement of whole month?
Hello Sheeba Bernard,

It is possible to get one day as well as one week statement using Internet Banking. You may check with branches if you do not have Internet banking. I took one day statement from SBI (netbanking) and submitted as a proof of transfer for a gift deed for my Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) application and it worked. As far as I know, IRCC wouldn't be interested about the source of funds of donor when it is a gift deed. But please try the cheque option as a first preference. Good luck :)

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lotus_01 said:
Hello Sheeba Bernard,

It is possible to get one day as well as one week statement using Internet Banking. You may check with branches if you do not have Internet banking. I took one day statement from SBI (netbanking) and submitted as a proof of transfer for a gift deed for my Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) application and it worked. As far as I know, IRCC wouldn't be interested about the source of funds of donor when it is a gift deed. But please try the cheque option as a first preference. Good luck :)
Listening from your personal experience is even better. Thank you so much for the reply. My mother's bank is SBI too.. i guess i can take out statement for a shorter period so that i can omit the money deposits in her account and also use cheque.

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone else has any other way out?