+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for student visa fall 2020

SAM1421

Jun 22, 2020
Hey Hi All,
Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

I'm from India.
I'm creating this thread to seek help at the earliest as I'm running out of time.
I needs some expert advice regarding Students Visa doing on own.
I was supposed to start by March and go through all process buy June but due to Covid 19 all my planning went in vain.

I have Seneca LOA for Fall 2020- Project Management IT.

My background.
Age- 31.
Education - BE CSE, MBA.
Work experience- 5+ IT.
IELTS- L-8, R-8. 5,W-6.5 & S-8
Study Gap 6 years - including 5 years experience.
Proof of funds almost 15lac ~ $30k CAD
So college is asking to pay 1sem fee ( 1 year course in all just 2 sem) .
Valid B1 visa

I am clear with medical documents, PCC, student visa and study permit requirements.

1. If I pay only 1st sem will I be able to apply under SDS, What all financial documents are needed.

2. Just need to understand complete details about financial documents and GIC procedure with which Bank is good.

Just help me to understand what are my chances of getting through the process and obtaining students visa successful. Also, please advice me should go for September 2020 or January 2021 as my notice period is 3 months.

Awaiting for your valued inputs.
Thanks in anticipation!
Regards,
SAM1421

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Sorry if my counter question is variance to the guidance sought. Is your ultimate goal a PR in Canada?
What is the exact term of the Project Management course that is being offered? Is it a diploma, a post graduate diploma/degree ? This question is to assess whether the intended study program follows a natural progression to the credentials you already hold.

SAM1421

Jun 22, 2020
Sorry if my counter question is variance to the guidance sought. Is your ultimate goal a PR in Canada?
What is the exact term of the Project Management course that is being offered? Is it a diploma, a post graduate diploma/degree ? This question is to assess whether the intended study program follows a natural progression to the credentials you already hold.
Ultimate goal is not PR.
1 year(2 Semester).
Graduate Certificate.
Yes Project Management after my Senior Engg. position currently held.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
In order for you to receive an approval of study permit you will need a strong Statement of Purpose (SOP) in which you will have to go all out to convince the Visa Officer that you are going to return back to your home country and also the graduate certificate that you intend to pursue will indeed add value to your current credentials. In my opinion difficult but not impossible. Good luck.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
In regards to your original query:
1) SDS requires payment of a full year fees upfront but if your LOA mentions that you need to pay only fees for one semester you can attach the LOA along with a Letter of Explanation. Under SDS if you pay one years fee you don't require any other financial documents but in your case it would be to your advantage to include as many financial capacity documents as you can.
2) Regarding your query on GIC I would definitely recommend Scotia Bank as they have conveniently located branches and ABM's all over Canada.
3) September 2020 intake should be avoided IMO as there is a long backlog of applications. Your intended course duration is 2 semester so if you do start in September then you would finish your study by April 2021. Courses are being conducted online as of now and there is no guarantee that the next semester would be conducted on campus. January 2021 gives you a better chance of studying on campus and getting the international experience/exposure.
This is my honest opinion but the decision is yours to make.
Once again goodluck.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Since you already have an MBA and have been out of school for several years, you're definitely going to have to write a strong letter explaining why a Canadian graduate certificate is suddenly important for your career prospects back in India.

SAM1421

Jun 22, 2020
In order for you to receive an approval of study permit you will need a strong Statement of Purpose (SOP) in which you will have to go all out to convince the Visa Officer that you are going to return back to your home country and also the graduate certificate that you intend to pursue will indeed add value to your current credentials. In my opinion difficult but not impossible. Good luck.
Hey thanks a lot for your valuable input.
Definitely as you said it's difficult but not impossible.
I might write solid SOP and try my luck.

SAM1421

Jun 22, 2020
In regards to your original query:
1) SDS requires payment of a full year fees upfront but if your LOA mentions that you need to pay only fees for one semester you can attach the LOA along with a Letter of Explanation. Under SDS if you pay one years fee you don't require any other financial documents but in your case it would be to your advantage to include as many financial capacity documents as you can.
2) Regarding your query on GIC I would definitely recommend Scotia Bank as they have conveniently located branches and ABM's all over Canada.
3) September 2020 intake should be avoided IMO as there is a long backlog of applications. Your intended course duration is 2 semester so if you do start in September then you would finish your study by April 2021. Courses are being conducted online as of now and there is no guarantee that the next semester would be conducted on campus. January 2021 gives you a better chance of studying on campus and getting the international experience/exposure.
This is my honest opinion but the decision is yours to make.
Once again goodluck.
Thank once again for being very straight and honest.

With this I have another query which is related to admission. If I request to change my admission application for Jan 2021 intake will they accept it.
Else what would be my next step to get admission in Jan 2021 intake.

SAM1421

Jun 22, 2020
Since you already have an MBA and have been out of school for several years, you're definitely going to have to write a strong letter explaining why a Canadian graduate certificate is suddenly important for your career prospects back in India.
Thank you for your answer.
Definitely I started working on SOP now.
Will keep updated regarding my application.
Thanks once again.

Laml_aml

Apr 20, 2020
Hi all. Can anybody tell me what are the documents required to submit while applying for study permit under sds category ?
*I already have an unconditional offer letter and 1 year fees has been paid ( 2 semester) (my course is of 2 years)