Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7.0 bands with no band less than 6.5
LANDED..........
Someday i will for sure..!!
Hey guys,
I made sop based on sop samples shown on Internet and by few people's ideas who helped me on this forum.
But I think my sop is too long.it is 6 pages printed double side.that is 12 pages.is is too much? Should I cut few things and make it more short?
I included following topics in my sop:-
Introduction
Family background
Previous education
English language ability
Reason for less marks in high school(coz I have 48% in 12th)
Reason to select particular course
Reason to select canada
Reason to select particular college
Level of establishment
Opportunities in india
Future plans

Any suggestions? My visa got rejected first time and I was having very weak sop but now I have made it better for general category.

dreamzzz

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-june-2016
Med's Done....
passed 12-july-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2015
jeet, 12 pages or 6 pages are too long. cut it to max 2-3 pages.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Jeet050 said:
Hey guys,
I made sop based on sop samples shown on Internet and by few people's ideas who helped me on this forum.
But I think my sop is too long.it is 6 pages printed double side.that is 12 pages.is is too much? Should I cut few things and make it more short?
I included following topics in my sop:-
Introduction
Family background
Previous education
English language ability
Reason for less marks in high school(coz I have 48% in 12th)
Reason to select particular course
Reason to select canada
Reason to select particular college
Level of establishment
Opportunities in india
Future plans

Any suggestions? My visa got rejected first time and I was having very weak sop but now I have made it better for general category.

SOP for visa application (India) is useless and not required.

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
dreamzzz said:
jeet, 12 pages or 6 pages are too long. cut it to max 2-3 pages.
I have written only main main points.I don't know what to cut. My profile is weak because I have 48% in 12th thats why I gave an explanation of 1.5 page stating reason for less marks in high school to convince vo.

Rest all topics are of half half pages and reason to select particular college is of 1.5 page long.

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
Jeet050 said:
I have written only main main points.I don't know what to cut. My profile is weak because I have 48% in 12th thats why I gave an explanation of 1.5 page stating reason for less marks in high school to convince vo.

Rest all topics are of half half pages and reason to select particular college is of 1.5 page long.
acc to what I know . if u gonna give so much explaination about why ur GPA was low in high school . it will appear to the VO that u are more or less making an excuse.. rather than spending so much effiort on explaining , I will write more about what I have done to overcome it and why will I perform better in future regardless of low GPA in high school and why am I going to be a genuine student.

About 5-6 page. Vo won't have enough time to go through all the pages.. so better ( and it is recommended by almost everyone ) to keep your statement of purpose to max 2 pages or 800-1000 words.

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
dufferdexter said:
acc to what I know . if u gonna give so much explaination about why ur GPA was low in high school . it will appear to the VO that u are more or less making an excuse.. rather than spending so much effiort on explaining , I will write more about what I have done to overcome it and why will I perform better in future regardless of low GPA in high school and why am I going to be a genuine student.

About 5-6 page. Vo won't have enough time to go through all the pages.. so better ( and it is recommended by almost everyone ) to keep your statement of purpose to max 2 pages or 800-1000 words.
Can you please inbox me about what to write in less marks topic and how to cover it and why will I perform better in future topic? Rest all part I have cut and minimised

garry gill

Star Member
Nov 28, 2014
people who think SOP is not required are noobs.
YES its not written on the checklist
BUT IF YOU HAVE A WEAK PROFILE and YOU THINK THAT PROPOSED STUDY IS NOT RELEVANT
then you will clear all the points in you SOP
so that VO will understand that why you are taking the course and how that canadian course is better than that available in India.
BECAUSE THIS IS THE MAIN REJECTION REASON, so if you clear all these points before hand with just adding 2 pages in your profile, ur rejection chances decreases drastically.
we at Ventura Immigration Consultants always send a SOP stating the future prospects and the advantages of the intended course and how it will benefit you in the future.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
@Jeet050... Following are my personal thoughts:

First of all be positive in your SOP ... VO does not know you personally. Whatever you potray of yourself, he will believe, if you yourself are convinced about it.

a) The SOP should be maximum of 650-700 words (Else, VO wont read it patiently)

b) You can mention that you were into some resourceful part-time job, hobby, family business pertinent to your interest (or future study program in Canada). Hence, relating it to your low marks & further relating it to your studies in Canada.

c) Highlight the best learning of Grade 12 ... this way you would not let VO take a long stare at your low marks ...

Hope it helped ...

Regards..

Jeet050

Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
Thank you so much @anujgupta and @garrygill