+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for Singaporean EE applicants who received ITA!

Dodobujki

Jul 19, 2020
The documents in Singapore, such as NRIC, Bank statement have last name first. Do i need to write an LOE/notarized letter stating it's the same person?

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
My passport has LastName FirstName designation (the machine-readable zone at the bottom usually dictates the order of the name but my country does not specify), so my study and work permit have been the same because that's what it says in my passport. I applied for PR with the same designation, but I only fill the Last name field and leave the given name field blank. In the past I never had to provide a notarized letter. What does your passport say?

Dodobujki

Jul 19, 2020
Mine is an Indian passport which has first name, last name. All my documents except for Singapore issued documents follow first name last name order.

dyllee

Jan 30, 2020
If there are documents not consistent with your primary ID document (passport) then I think you should look into getting the notarized letter confirming same person

Reactions: Dodobujki

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Mine is an Indian passport which has first name, last name. All my documents except for Singapore issued documents follow first name last name order.
Is your name the same on all dicuments? Is it just the way it is written on singapore documents that is different?

If so, then you don't need one and same person affidavit. Can you be a little more specific with your case. Use imaginary names if you have to, to clarify. We acn better help you that way.

Dodobujki

Jul 19, 2020
Is your name the same on all dicuments? Is it just the way it is written on singapore documents that is different?

If so, then you don't need one and same person affidavit. Can you be a little more specific with your case. Use imaginary names if you have to, to clarify. We acn better help you that way.

Say my First name is John , last name is Doe. My Bank letter(with passport number) and bank statements have my name as Doe John. But my passport, Singapore Work Visa, ECA, Marriage Certificate etc have my name as John Doe.
Exact same issue with my spouse's documents.

Yes, in ASEAN countries they tend to use last name first. My work Visa managed to have my name as John Doe and not Doe John as the HR wasn't Singaporean!!

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Say my First name is John , last name is Doe. My Bank letter(with passport number) and bank statements have my name as Doe John. But my passport, Singapore Work Visa, ECA, Marriage Certificate etc have my name as John Doe.
Exact same issue with my spouse's documents.

Yes, in ASEAN countries they tend to use last name first. My work Visa managed to have my name as John Doe and not Doe John as the HR wasn't Singaporean!!
I think the LOE should be fine in your case.

The question that is part of application process is whether you have ever used any other names. The fact of the matter is that you never used any different name, just that some places in Singapore chose to use your last name first and first name last. So an LOE should suffice in your case IMO.

Reactions: Dodobujki

Dodobujki

Jul 19, 2020
I think the LOE should be fine in your case.

The question that is part of application process is whether you have ever used any other names. The fact of the matter is that you never used any different name, just that some places in Singapore chose to use your last name first and first name last. So an LOE should suffice in your case IMO.
Thank you smash1984!

Dreddy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi I have similar query
1. My name as per passport is John Doe
2. However, my Master's certificate from India shows my name as John D and WES has indicated that in their report already

Is it sufficient to write a LOE or do I need any notarized document? When I called up a law firm in Singapore, they quoted by over 200$ for the document.

And how should I answer the question if I have used any other name?

Thanks in advance