+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help for Refugee applying for Permanent Resident Timeline

A

a9999

Hi Friends!

I am a convention refugee accepted by IRB in Feb 2011.
I applied for permanent resident in March,2011.
I did the medicals in August, 2011 after receiving the medical form from CIC.
Below is what shows on my ecas.

We received your application for permanent residence on March, 2011.

We started processing your application on April, 2011.

We sent you medical instructions in July 2011 to xxx, Canada. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

After receiving the medical form, I have not received anything from CIC yet
Fridends who have the same experience, please kindly tell me the timeline for what will happen next?
Does it mean my applicationn has been approved? When can I expect to have the landing interview?
Will the message "Medicals have been received" be added on my ecas?
Thanks

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friend

There is always a timeline which suggest you and help you understand the whole process which you may find it below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

Means since August that you got your first stage f approval you will have to wait for 10 more month average which is according to them. But for most people they finalize the case within 3-9 month according to my exprience. It is really deponds on each case and how long it take for them to their checks. there will be three steps after first stage of apporval which is Medicals, Criminality check done by RCMP and most time taking one --> security check which is done by CSIS. you may find the more info from the links below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:JDx6GjzaCc0J:www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/pp/pp04-eng.pdf+protected+person+security+check&hl=en&gl=ca&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShegVTrql7ZsnGd5T8lzDqkHt6-FICh2tzzzELa4ozY513PpyCY2z1pkybfhzeH4_aPLsbS0pHOhcaEzyhfwwfWLkBYCWRdI9ALbkgO0U0DejyY-kzKHUXyWAQoJ0otFaHpO_Eq&sig=AHIEtbTex9_gAopbV5UZZ9dnFvNzB5ccLg&pli=1

Once all are done they will send your file to you local office and they ask you to appear for landing interview.

a999

Nov 11, 2011
Dear Hamedsilent!

Thanks for your information!
Can you tell me what is the whole content showed on your on-line ecas , from the beginning to the end of your P.R application.
Will the message "Medical results have been received" be added on ecas after CIC reveives your medical report?

Thanks

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, They dont add the medicals received till your whole process finish. When they decide that your file has been finalized they will be adding that together with finalized line saying we sent you a letter ... bela bela... and thats because some cases might take very long and they need to redo the medicals since medicals are valid for a year only... Any way dont worry about it your time will come soon as well... few more month.. also you may call them monday to friday at 18002422100 and ask to see what stage you are in or any update on your file!!

a999

Nov 11, 2011
Dear Hamedslient!

Thanks for your reply!
there was something added:

Medical results have been received.

We sent you a letter to xxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting
What does that mean?
When can I expect to have the landing interview? What questions might be asked at the interview?

Thanks in advance!

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, the letter stating your process have been finished, you have to wait for your landing letter from your local office which mihg take from 2-8 weeks, any way the whole process is done and congrat :) ;)

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
there is no question except they check to see all the information is correct and if you have convictd any crime since you submit the application bla bla, it is just a 10 minutes show and you are good to go
congrat again

a999

Nov 11, 2011
Dear hamedsilent

If the local office mail the landing interview appointment letter to me, will the on-line ecas be updated and show the corresponding information? Thanks

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing till you landed would be apeared ono your ecas, few days after your landing, your ecas will be changed to complete and thats it

Optymystyc

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 2011
File Transfer...
DM - 27th Aug 2013
Med's Request
Dec 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
LANDED..........
28th Oct 2013
a9999 said:
Hi Friends!

I am a convention refugee accepted by IRB in Feb 2011.
I applied for permanent resident in March,2011.
I did the medicals in August, 2011 after receiving the medical form from CIC.
Below is what shows on my ecas.

We received your application for permanent residence on March, 2011.

We started processing your application on April, 2011.

We sent you medical instructions in July 2011 to xxx, Canada. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

After receiving the medical form, I have not received anything from CIC yet
Fridends who have the same experience, please kindly tell me the timeline for what will happen next?
Does it mean my applicationn has been approved? When can I expect to have the landing interview?
Will the message "Medicals have been received" be added on my ecas?
Thanks
I am on same boat as you are. I am a protected person cum convention refugee as determined by the IRB on the 2nd of Feb 2011 and I applied for my permanent residence status in July of 2011.

and just two days ago I checked and it reads....

We received your application for permanent residence on July 8, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 22, 2011.

Medical results have been received. (updated about 4 working days ago) This is the latest update made on my ecas - Medicals

We received the requested information on March 15, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

I dont know why mine is taking longer than usual.

Any ideas, please?

User-Anna

Jul 30, 2012
Here is my PR timeline. I am still waiting the letter.

We received your application for permanent residence on February 17, 2011.

We started processing your application on March 21, 2011.

We sent you a letter on June, 2011 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We received the requested information on August 18, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on January 31, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on June 14, 2012. Thank you for providing the information.

abdul wadud

Sep 28, 2012
Re: Need Help for applying for Permanent Resident Timeline

hellow,im from bangladesh.Um aplying in saskatoon,canada for parmanent Resident visa. my sponser lives in saskatoon.He is my cousine.after submited all my documents they send me a letter that more some additional sopporting documents those are missing on 15.4.2012.after that latter and then i resubmission this later and send them in 18.5.2012. and they also recive my resubmission letter on 23.5.2012.anyway 6 months gone i havent get any latter from them i m so worry about it..

here,is my ecas

We received your application for permanent residence on March, 2011. what can i do ..can i going to canada or they dont start processing yet please help me ...... neither i will die :(

refugee1

Jan 17, 2013
hi ALL

i am a refugee live in south Africa i applied resettlement throu UNHCR and my case was accepted by the Canadian embassy in Pretoria. my question is what happened after the ecas changes like this..

We received your application for permanent residence on February 5, 2012.

We started processing your application on march 17, 2012.

please any advise or your experiences if you know anything about it much appreciated thanks