+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for Proof of Working Experience

kinta

Oct 12, 2017
Hi everyone,

I plan to apply for Express Entry in 2019. I know it's a long time ahead, but I want to have the fully preparation for my application. So, please help me if you have any experience on the issues I mention below.
While I am checking my working experience, it has some questions that I am confused for my documents. Please help me point out if I lack of something important and which documents I need to provide based on your experiences.

1. First Company: I was a full-time staff here
- The contract which shows my salary, working hours, my title and how many day I work per month. It has a signature of the company director and company stamp on it. It combines the company information (name, address, phone number). However, the contract doesn't print in the letterhead. Is this contract eligible?
- Monthly Payslip
- A company confirmation on my resignation. Again, it doesn't print in the letterhead.
- A reference letter which signed in the date I left the company. However, it hasn't had my title, my position, starting and ending dates, monthly salary. While all missing information mentioned in the contract, do I need to ask my past employee issue a new reference letter? It would be quite hard for me to get this document since I left the company for more than 2 years and in my country, they aren't willing to provide the letter again.

2. Second and third organizations:
- Contract: It has all of my information on date, hours for work and other information of the company. Again, they don't have the organization's logo in the contract.
- I don't have monthly paystubs in both organizations. Can I use my bank statement instead?

One more question is, if I ask for my previous employers, they may issue the reference letters with the current date, not the backdate when I left the company. Can the reference letter issued later than the working duration be considered a document for proving my work experience?

The above questions may be silly and nonsense in some aspects. Sorry about that :( but I don't know where I can ask these unclear things. Thank you for reading my thread.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi everyone,

I plan to apply for Express Entry in 2019. I know it's a long time ahead, but I want to have the fully preparation for my application. So, please help me if you have any experience on the issues I mention below.
While I am checking my working experience, it has some questions that I am confused for my documents. Please help me point out if I lack of something important and which documents I need to provide based on your experiences.

1. First Company: I was a full-time staff here
- The contract which shows my salary, working hours, my title and how many day I work per month. It has a signature of the company director and company stamp on it. It combines the company information (name, address, phone number). However, the contract doesn't print in the letterhead. Is this contract eligible?
- Monthly Payslip
- A company confirmation on my resignation. Again, it doesn't print in the letterhead.
- A reference letter which signed in the date I left the company. However, it hasn't had my title, my position, starting and ending dates, monthly salary. While all missing information mentioned in the contract, do I need to ask my past employee issue a new reference letter? It would be quite hard for me to get this document since I left the company for more than 2 years and in my country, they aren't willing to provide the letter again.

-If the letters you have are not on the company letterhead they will not be considered official documents. Thus I would strongly advise you request reference letters that are in line with CIC requirements.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

2. Second and third organizations:
- Contract: It has all of my information on date, hours for work and other information of the company. Again, they don't have the organization's logo in the contract.
- I don't have monthly paystubs in both organizations. Can I use my bank statement instead?

Payslips are optional so no need to worry about them.

One more question is, if I ask for my previous employers, they may issue the reference letters with the current date, not the backdate when I left the company. Can the reference letter issued later than the working duration be considered a document for proving my work experience?

- Yes, reference letters must be dated on the day they are written.

The above questions may be silly and nonsense in some aspects. Sorry about that :( but I don't know where I can ask these unclear things. Thank you for reading my thread.
Hi,

See answers in red.

Regards

Reactions: kinta

kinta

Oct 12, 2017
Hi,

See answers in red.

Regards
Hi Tanaka, thanks a lot for answering me. I'm quite clear now.
In the case of 1st company, I intend not to submit my reference letter along with all documents (contract, payslip, resignation letter). I know the letter is mandatory. However, if all related documents can prove for my work experience, does it really need to have reference letter?

Last edited:

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
In the case of 1st company, I intend not to submit my reference letter along with all documents (contract, payslip, resignation letter). I know the letter is mandatory. However, if all related documents can prove for my work experience, does it really need to have reference letter?
Hi,

As you said it is mandatory. So submitting anything that excludes the reference letter leaves it up to the officer's discretion. I would avoid this at all costs.

To answer your question directly, Yes.

regards

Reactions: kinta

kinta

Oct 12, 2017
Hi,

As you said it is mandatory. So submitting anything that excludes the reference letter leaves it up to the officer's discretion. I would avoid this at all costs.

To answer your question directly, Yes.

regards
Hi Tanaka,

I already got your point. Thank you so much for your help. I can't do anything, but begging my old company for issuing a new reference letter.
Have a nice week :)

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi Tanaka,

I already got your point. Thank you so much for your help. I can't do anything, but begging my old company for issuing a new reference letter.
Have a nice week :)
It will be well worth it.

regards

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
it's actually the opposite, if you have a good referene letter no need for all the documents and makes the agent's life easier

kinta

Oct 12, 2017
it's actually the opposite, if you have a good referene letter no need for all the documents and makes the agent's life easier
Hi Hamgha,

Since you mentioned a "good" reference letter, could you clarify which criteria can be considered for this aspect? My reference letter follows the instruction on CIC website with all information including starting-ending date of working, monthly salary, duty and responsibilities, job titles, letter head, company logo and company stamp. Is that enough for a good reference letter?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Hamgha,

Since you mentioned a "good" reference letter, could you clarify which criteria can be considered for this aspect? My reference letter follows the instruction on CIC website with all information including starting-ending date of working, monthly salary, duty and responsibilities, job titles, letter head, company logo and company stamp. Is that enough for a good reference letter?
yes, good as in following cic's requirements.