+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help for pr

gurprabh

Mar 12, 2020
can anyone help me ?
hi, i am international student. Now i am on post graduate open work permit. In 2018 ( 3 November ) i got married in India and after that i applied for my husband visa which was refused because he has 5 year ban from (20 18 - 18 -10 to 2023). I already applied for gcms notes which shows that he ban because he lied to the immigration. now my lawyer said i can not apply PR until his ban finished. if i want to apply for pr i have to give divorce to my husband .IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET PR WITHOUT GETTING DIVORCE ? CAN I EXTEND MY OPEN WORK PERMIT?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
can anyone help me ?
hi, i am international student. Now i am on post graduate open work permit. In 2018 ( 3 November ) i got married in India and after that i applied for my husband visa which was refused because he has 5 year ban from (20 18 - 18 -10 to 2023). I already applied for gcms notes which shows that he ban because he lied to the immigration. now my lawyer said i can not apply PR until his ban finished. if i want to apply for pr i have to give divorce to my husband .IS THERE ANYWAY TO GET PR WITHOUT GETTING DIVORCE ? CAN I EXTEND MY OPEN WORK PERMIT?
No, you can't apply for PR while married to him. He is inadmissible and therefore so are you. You also can't divorce him, get PR, remarry him and sponsor him; that is immigration fraud. If you want to stay with him and apply for PR, you have to wait until the ban is up in 2023.

Your PGWP can't be extended. You need a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA in order to apply for another work permit.

gurprabh

Mar 12, 2020
No, you can't apply for PR while married to him. He is inadmissible and therefore so are you. You also can't divorce him, get PR, remarry him and sponsor him; that is immigration fraud. If you want to stay with him and apply for PR, you have to wait until the ban is up in 2023.

Your PGWP can't be extended. You need a job offer from an employer with a positive LMIA in order to apply for another work permit.
thank u for help if i apply for LMI can i get that if my husband has ban . Is the immigartion officer give me any trouble during border interview

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thank u for help if i apply for LMI can i get that if my husband has ban . Is the immigartion officer give me any trouble during border interview
You can't apply for an LMIA. The employer has to get the LMIA; it is a long, expensive process with strict requirements, so the majority of employers aren't willing to try.

You can apply for any form of temporary residency regardless if his ban. You just don't qualify for PR.

gurprabh

Mar 12, 2020
You can't apply for an LMIA. The employer has to get the LMIA; it is a long, expensive process with strict requirements, so the majority of employers aren't willing to try.

You can apply for any form of temporary residency regardless if his ban. You just don't qualify for PR.
ok thank u so much

gurprabh

Mar 12, 2020
i talked with one lawyer and he said i can apply for pr under H & c application. is it possible to get pr under this application if my husband has 5 year ban?