+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help for immigration purposes

Kamrun65

Oct 1, 2020
Hello,

I am a new member here. My mom is coming from Bangladesh to Toronto on October 7, 2020 by Turkish airline. she is healthy and can do everything by herself. She only need help during immigration Because of language barrier. Is there anyone willing to help? She just need someone to accompany her during travel time. I would appreciate the help. Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello,

I am a new member here. My mom is coming from Bangladesh to Toronto on October 7, 2020 by Turkish airline. she is healthy and can do everything by herself. She only need help during immigration Because of language barrier. Is there anyone willing to help? She just need someone to accompany her during travel time. I would appreciate the help. Thanks
You can request Turkish Airlines to assist her within the airline and up to disembarkation.

You can also provide her with a letter explaining all the necessary details to show to CBSA at Pearson. I believe the customs declarations can also be done verbally to CBSA if she is not able to fill out the card or use the kiosk herself.

And lastly, if the letter you provided is not enough and they need more info, CBSA will also provide interpreters in her native language. Speaking from experience, they do not allow strangers/non-family members to interpret for them during the interview.

It’s possible for them to call you as well if you give your contact details in the letter.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Pearson airport is very experienced helping people who not speak English. She should follow all the others coming off the plane.