+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help for applying AINP

san7891

Aug 28, 2011
Hi guys,

I live and work in Alberta, I have 16 months experience as cook(6242). I work in a restaurant. I would like apply for PR through one of the program in AINP. But, I am bit confused with the information given in AINP website.

My question is, which is the right category that I can able to apply for.
My employer is ready to give me permanent offer of emplyment. but in Employer driven stream,they say cooks are not eligible

Who is not eligible?

The following are NOT eligible under the AINP Employer-Driven Stream, Skilled Worker Category:

Supervisors, foremen and tradespeople, working in a Compulsory or Optional Trade in Alberta (including Chefs, Cooks, and Line Cooks)

And the strategic reqcruitment stream I need a trade certificate if I need to apply in that stream. what is a trade certificate?
I have my food safety certificate in Alberta, Is it possible I can use it as a trade certicate?

or any other suggestions please help me,

thanks.

TMLCanada

Aug 12, 2014
san7891 said:
Hi guys,

I live and work in Alberta, I have 16 months experience as cook(6242). I work in a restaurant. I would like apply for PR through one of the program in AINP. But, I am bit confused with the information given in AINP website.

My employer is ready to give me permanent offer of emplyment. but in Employer driven stream,they say cooks are not eligible

Who is not eligible?

The following are NOT eligible under the AINP Employer-Driven Stream, Skilled Worker Category:

Supervisors, foremen and tradespeople, working in a Compulsory or Optional Trade in Alberta (including Chefs, Cooks, and Line Cooks)

And the strategic reqcruitment stream I need a trade certificate if I need to apply in that stream. what is a trade certificate?
I have my food safety certificate in Alberta, Is it possible I can use it as a trade certicate?

thanks.
Hi, Have you applied for your trade certificate?
I just want to know how long do they process and your experience in obtaining the certificate. My husband is a cook too and he just send an application to AIT.
Thank you :)

susana

Nov 4, 2008
TMLCanada said:
Hi, Have you applied for your trade certificate?
I just want to know how long do they process and your experience in obtaining the certificate. My husband is a cook too and he just send an application to AIT.
Thank you :)
It takes about six or more months to get a date to write the exam, which is quite difficult. Your husband has to study a lot, and buy the study guide as soon as possible.

The problem with AINP are the processing times, if you have been in Canada 4 years or more your chances to get a nomination before April 1st are slim.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
san7891 said:
Hi guys,

Who is not eligible?

thanks.
Your Food Safety Certificate is not a trade certificate.

If you are an experienced tradesperson who does not hold a trade credential, you may apply to have your skills, knowledge, and experience assessed against the standards for certification in an Alberta designated trade. You can earn your certificate if you:

have the required time of hands-on work in the trade, (cook 54 MONTHS oh hands on work experience)
pass a theory exam, and
successfully complete a competency assessment.

You only have 16 months of experience, you do not qualify. Sorry!

TMLCanada

Aug 12, 2014
susana said:
It takes about six or more months to get a date to write the exam, which is quite difficult. Your husband has to study a lot, and buy the study guide as soon as possible.

The problem with AINP are the processing times, if you have been in Canada 4 years or more your chances to get a nomination before April 1st are slim.
Thanks Susana.
He's here for almost a year now. And his work permit will expire next year.
Can he still get an extension if he's employer is willing to go provide him an LMIA?

SURESHASWINI

Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 NOV 2013
Nomination.....
22 JUL 2014
AOR Received.
24 SEP 2014
Med's Request
25 SEP 2014
Med's Done....
02 OCT 2014
Passport Req..
WAITING
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
HI SAN 7891 AINP-SRS COMPULSURY TRADE CERTIFICATE IS RED SEAL (ie: CERTIFIED JOURNY MAN)
FOR APPLING FOR THIS YOU NEED ON HAND WORK 54 MONTHS IN TOTAL NO NECESSARY YOU NEED IN CANADA
YOU HAVE TO APPLY IN APPERENTICE INDUSTRIAL TRAINING IT'S MAY TAKE 6 TO 7 MONTHS PROCESS TO TAKE A EXAM IF YOU PASSED THEN YOU CAN APPLY FOR NOMINATION.IF YOU WOR HARD YOU CAN PASS THE EXAM BECAUSE I'VE DONE IT I'M ACERTIFIED JOURNEY MAN