+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help feeling IMM 008 and some other forms.

Aug 24, 2017
Hi guys,

I need a bit of help regarding filling out the required forms and some other things.
Just take a look and see you can answer which question, you may know the answer to just one, and that's more than enough for me.

My current situation is that I have married after getting my visa (Express Entry - Federal Skilled Worker) and before landing, then informed CIC of my marital status change and they responded with a list of requirements.

Based on the list, I need to fill these forms.:
  • Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

• Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

• A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669

• Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP

• If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
Here are my questions:

1- Based on IMM 0008 Guide this form must be filled by the principal applicant. That means me, the person who applied and got the visa. Am I right?

I'm a bit skeptical of this because there's another definition of the principal applicant for when someone who IS already a PR (i.e. landed and got their PR card) wants to sponsor someone. In that case, the principal applicant is the one who is being sponsored. So, just want to be sure that in my case, the principal applicant is me.

So basically, I fill the IMM 0008 once, with me as the principal applicant and add my wife as a dependant. right?

2- In IMM 5406 ( Additional Family Information ) it states that I have to write all names in their native language alphabet too, So I just press enter and type it on a new line (the pdf allows me to do that), that's it?

3- About the signatures. I'm applying online, there's new field opened in my CIC account with a place to upload files, Do I need to print, sign, scan and upload them? or just upload these forms without signing?

4- The forms, supporting documents, translations, marriage certificate etc are MUCH more than 4 MB size restriction for uploading in my CIC account. I tried so many methods of compressing, resizing etc but there's no way to make all these files into a 4MB pdf or word document unless I make them so small which makes them unreadable. What do I do about that?!

5- and the last one, for IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information), I have to complete 2 copies of this form as stated on the top of the pdf,
So, When I'm completing my own copy of this form, I should put my name as the "Applicant", but what about the copy for my spouse? In her copy of the form, should I put her name as the applicant? or should I write my name in there? Is this the applicant, like the one who is filling the form, or the one who has made the CIC profile and gone through the process and all?
Totally confused.

Thanks guys for helping,

Immigration itself is a stressing procedure, having a community backing you up, that's what makes it much much more tolerable.

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Hi guys,

I need a bit of help regarding filling out the required forms and some other things.
Just take a look and see you can answer which question, you may know the answer to just one, and that's more than enough for me.

My current situation is that I have married after getting my visa (Express Entry - Federal Skilled Worker) and before landing, then informed CIC of my marital status change and they responded with a list of requirements.

• Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

• Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP

• A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669

• If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
Here are my questions:

1- Based on IMM 0008 Guide this form must be filled by the principal applicant. That means me, the person who applied and got the visa. Am I right?

I'm a bit skeptical of this because there's another definition of the principal applicant for when someone who IS already a PR (i.e. landed and got their PR card) wants to sponsor someone. In that case, the principal applicant is the one who is being sponsored. So, just want to be sure that in my case, the principal applicant is me.

So basically, I fill the IMM 0008 once, with me as the principal applicant and add my wife as a dependant. right?

2- In IMM 5406 ( Additional Family Information ) it states that I have to write all names in their native language alphabet too, So I just press enter and type it on a new line (the pdf allows me to do that), that's it?

3- About the signatures. I'm applying online, there's new field opened in my CIC account with a place to upload files, Do I need to print, sign, scan and upload them? or just upload these forms without signing?

4- The forms, supporting documents, translations, marriage certificate etc are MUCH more than 4 MB size restriction for uploading in my CIC account. I tried so many methods of compressing, resizing etc but there's no way to make all these files into a 4MB pdf or word document unless I make them so small which makes them unreadable. What do I do about that?!

5- and the last one, for IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information), I have to complete 2 copies of this form as stated on the top of the pdf,
So, When I'm completing my own copy of this form, I should put my name as the "Applicant", but what about the copy for my spouse? In her copy of the form, should I put her name as the applicant? or should I write my name in there? Is this the applicant, like the one who is filling the form, or the one who has made the CIC profile and gone through the process and all?
Totally confused.

Thanks guys for helping,

Immigration itself is a stressing procedure, having a community backing you up, that's what makes it much much more tolerable.
Hi,

I have the same questions as yours. How did you moved forward with it? Can you please answer each? Did you get your PR?

Sammy M.

Oct 3, 2018
Hi guys,

Here are my questions:

Totally confused.

Thanks guys for helping,

-----------
Hey GoneWithTheWind can you please share the answers to the questions you listed above? Im in a similar situation and have exactly the same questions.

Aug 24, 2017
Hey Everyone
So sorry for the late response, It was always in my mind to write this guide for future references, but the first year here is kind of crazy, so many stuff you need to do and learn.

I was asked to send some documents (Translations and stuff) and also submit these forms:
  1. IMM 0008 (GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA)
  2. IMM 5562 (SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION YOUR TRAVELS)
  3. IMM 5406 (ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION)
  4. IMM 5669 (SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND / DECLARATION)
Here's exactly how I filled these forms:
TIP:
Use the latest Adobe Reader to open, fill and save the forms. It might or might not work with other pdf readers.

IMM 0008 :
Filled with MY information, the principal applicant.
Only works with Adobe Reader.
DO NOT TRY TO MODIFY THIS FORM, just enter your information, validate and save.
It's a special one, not an ordinary form, it generates barcodes when you click "Validate" button.
No printing needed.

IMM 5562:
No printing needed. Doesn't need a signature.

IMM 5406:
TWO COPIES.

Fill one complete form with YOUR information.
Fill ANOTHER one with wife/husband/partner information.
Fill it on a computer, print, sign by ink, then scan it (Be sure about scan quality).
You should end up with two completed forms, one for each.

IMM 5669:

Fill with YOUR PARTNER/WIFE/HUSBAND information.
IRCC already knows about you, they need the other person's info.
Fill it on a computer, print, sign by ink, then scan it (Be sure about scan quality).

This is exactly what I did, actually, I wrote this post while looking at the forms I sent!
Remember that this is something I did after doing tons of research and talking with other people like myself, and it worked, YET you must also do your own research.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: ezio

DEENA SOPHY

Jul 15, 2019
Hey Everyone
So sorry for the late response, It was always in my mind to write this guide for future references, but the first year here is kind of crazy, so many stuff you need to do and learn.

I was asked to send some documents (Translations and stuff) and also submit these forms:
TIP:
Use the latest Adobe Reader to open, fill and save the forms. It might or might not work with other pdf readers.

IMM 0008 :
It's a special one, not an ordinary form, it generates barcodes when you click "Validate" button.
No printing needed.

IMM 5562:

IMM 5406:
TWO COPIES.

IMM 5669:

This is exactly what I did, actually, I wrote this post while looking at the forms I sent!
Remember that this is something I did after doing tons of research and talking with other people like myself, and it worked, YET you must also do your own research.

Best of luck!
hey could u pls help me out with this process by responding to few queries?
if possible pls share your mail idso that i can send u via mail!

DEENA SOPHY

Jul 15, 2019
Hey Everyone

TIP:

IMM 0008 :
No printing needed.

IMM 5562:

IMM 5406:
TWO COPIES.

IMM 5669:

Best of luck!
@GoneWithTheWind pls reply

Bluesky38

Aug 29, 2020
I have a question on Form IMM 0008- Question 5b- Where do you intend to live in Canada? I live in a small hamlet that it is not listed in the drop down box.
The form will not let me type it in and if I leave it blank it will not validate. I sent a web form to the IRCC with that question two months ago and have heard nothing back . Any suggestions.

Last edited:

10Harpreet

Apr 15, 2022
Ho
Hi guys,

Here are my questions:

Totally confused.

Thanks guys for helping,

How you filled these forms????
I am in the same boat need your help….