+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need help: fee refund

GoingToUSA

Oct 13, 2014
So long story short my wife and I withdrew our app, and Ottawa approved it. However, we had paid RPRF earlier but when my wife sent the withdrawal request, she forgot to send the RPRF receipts to ask for refund -- I know, a bit too careless :(

Given that our case has been officially closed (online system showing it), any chance we can still ask for the money back?

Thanks guys for your input!

surya1984in

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
25-Feb-2014
Med's Request
02-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
14-Jan-2015
Passport Req..
19-Feb-15
VISA ISSUED...
19-Mar-15
LANDED..........
27-Jun-15
Not sure whether you can ask for it or not though it doesn't seem to be of any offense to CIC, RPRF is a refundable component and I believe it will be returned if application is not processed for any valid reason.

GoingToUSA said:
So long story short my wife and I withdrew our app, and Ottawa approved it. However, we had paid RPRF earlier but when my wife sent the withdrawal request, she forgot to send the RPRF receipts to ask for refund -- I know, a bit too careless :(

Given that our case has been officially closed (online system showing it), any chance we can still ask for the money back?

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
GoingToUSA said:

Why not? Send an email to Ottawa along with the RPRF payment receipt and you will receive it back in the same account where you paid it.
You can ask for the refund the fee to RPRF department as well. I mean CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca.

I received it back in 12th week in my credit card. However, I had updated Ottawa with my RPRF payment before.

GoingToUSA

Oct 13, 2014
canadacec123 said:
Why not? Send an email to Ottawa along with the RPRF payment receipt and you will receive it back in the same account where you paid it.
You can ask for the refund the fee to RPRF department as well. I mean CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca.

I received it back in 12th week in my credit card. However, I had updated Ottawa with my RPRF payment before.
sure thanks! i'll email CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca