+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****Need Help**** - Family Sponsorship

surap

Sep 16, 2020
Hello Guys,

I'm a PR currently residing in India.I got married after I have gotten my PR and now we also have a child. I'm palnning to move to Canada by end of this year and will start the sponsorship process for my wife and child once I get back to Canada.

My question is, what's the best way to take my wife and child with me when I'm moving back to Canada. Kindly suggest the best approach for this scenario.

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Guys,

I'm a PR currently residing in India.I got married after I have gotten my PR and now we also have a child. I'm palnning to move to Canada by end of this year and will start the sponsorship process for my wife and child once I get back to Canada.

My question is, what's the best way to take my wife and child with me when I'm moving back to Canada. Kindly suggest the best approach for this scenario.

Thanks in advance
TRV is the only option

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance
When did you land in Canada and how much time have you spent in Canada since then? Will you have a job lined up before you arrive in Canada or have someone to stay?

surap

Sep 16, 2020
When did you land in Canada and how much time have you spent in Canada since then? Will you have a job lined up before you arrive in Canada or have someone to stay?
in sept 2022, just spent a week. Yup already working remotely and will convert to full-time once I move back. yeah have few friends

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance
TRV is only option. They need to show funds, ties to return and travel history. They will need health insurance until PR. High chance of refusal since IRCC knows they will be applying for PR inland and you must be in Canada to apply. If refused for TRVs, then you need to move to Canada and start outland process.

surap

Sep 16, 2020
TRV is only option. They need to show funds, ties to return and travel history. They will need health insurance until PR. High chance of refusal since IRCC knows they will be applying for PR inland and you must be in Canada to apply. If refused for TRVs, then you need to move to Canada and start outland process.
What if I move first and apply for their sponsorship and then they apply for TRV?

surap

Sep 16, 2020
You can try that. TRV may or may not be approved but at least you have started the outland PR process.
Once the outland PR process has started, does it increase the TRV approval chances?
That would be a valid case right the PR process has already started and they are just coming to visit me.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Once the outland PR process has started, does it increase the TRV approval chances?
That would be a valid case right the PR process has already started and they are just coming to visit me.
I cannot tell you about approval rates or whether it increases chances as depends on the strength of their profile.

surap

Sep 16, 2020
I cannot tell you about approval rates or whether it increases chances as depends on the strength of their profile.
got it, did you come across any similar cases like mine in this forum? if so could you please guide me to those threads

sorry for asking all this as I'm in a tricky situation and not able to find right assistance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
got it, did you come across any similar cases like mine in this forum? if so could you please guide me to those threads

sorry for asking all this as I'm in a tricky situation and not able to find right assistance
There are so many cases like yours on the forum. It is one of the most commonly asked questions about family sponsorship. Just search and you will see many posts weekly of a PR trying to sponsor spouse and apply for TRV and having TRV denied or approved.

surap

Sep 16, 2020
There are so many cases like yours on the forum. It is one of the most commonly asked questions about family sponsorship. Just search and you will see many posts weekly of a PR trying to sponsor spouse and apply for TRV and having TRV denied or approved.
Great thank you.

surap

Sep 16, 2020
Hello,
sorry to bug you again, One last question:
Do I need to meet the 730 days living in Canada rule to be able to sponsor my wife and child?