16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
25-02-2017 (BG IP: 25-02-2017, BG NA: 09-03-2017, BG IP2: 25-03-2017)
Hi everyone,

Do we need to enter our whole work history in Express Entry profile or only the work history for which we want to get points for (and are able to prove by letter from employer)?
I have worked outside of Canada for some company, but I don't think I will be able to get a letter from them confirming that I worked for them (just because it was years ago and they have had huge number of employees and I am sure it will take forever to receive a letter from them). Is it Ok not to mention that part of my work history?
I have always had those as work experience on my CV though.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I were you, I would contact the employer.

Getting ITA is the first big step. But getting through till the last step successfully with no rejections is the second major step. You don't want to add anything in EE profile that will give you points but fails to provide a proof of record.

(Just my suggestion :))

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
Thanks binjoy,

I think the maximum foreign work experience that one can get points for, is 3 years, right? I mean you get some points for up to 3 years and you don't get more points for 4 or 5 or higher number of years.
I have 3 years of work experience that I can provide reference letter for. But the thing is, have worked at another company too, for one more year, for which I don't have a letter of reference.

So this work experience would not increase my points and thus I don't need to use it in my profile. My concern is, if I don't mention it, then would it be like hiding information or something? or if they ask for my CV later and they see this extra work experience on my CV, would that be seen as a mismatch between my CV and my profile?

binjoy

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samanta60 said:
Thanks binjoy,

I think the maximum foreign work experience that one can get points for, is 3 years, right? I mean you get some points for up to 3 years and you don't get more points for 4 or 5 or higher number of years.
I have 3 years of work experience that I can provide reference letter for. But the thing is, have worked at another company too, for one more year, for which I don't have a letter of reference.

So this work experience would not increase my points and thus I don't need to use it in my profile. My concern is, if I don't mention it, then would it be like hiding information or something? or if they ask for my CV later and they see this extra work experience on my CV, would that be seen as a mismatch between my CV and my profile?
Hmm. good question Samanta60.

I totally get what you mean. If I were you, I would exclude from the profile considering the missing letter of proof - Good part is that it doesn't really matter for EE points.

However, is it a must to have this experience on your CV? Because you worked but you dont have a reference letter and that means no proof. So, whats the point having it on your CV and creating confusion to CIO.

Experts please guide.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samanta60 said:
Thanks binjoy,

For work experience you are not claiming points for, leave it out of your Work History.
When you receive ITA, put it into your Personal History section. This way, you've been honest with CIC about it, but you don't need to provide reference letters.

At no point in the process will CIC ask to see your CV.

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
binjoy said:
Hmm. good question Samanta60.

I totally get what you mean. If I were you, I would exclude from the profile considering the missing letter of proof - Good part is that it doesn't really matter for EE points.

However, is it a must to have this experience on your CV? Because you worked but you dont have a reference letter and that means no proof. So, whats the point having it on your CV and creating confusion to CIO.

Experts please guide.

Thanks for the reply.

I have had that work experience on my CV when I applied for temporary or open work permits. That why I say I have it on my CV.

samanta60

Sep 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
16-01-2017
IELTS Request
19-02-2017
File Transfer...
23-02-2017
Med's Done....
istari said:
For work experience you are not claiming points for, leave it out of your Work History.
When you receive ITA, put it into your Personal History section. This way, you've been honest with CIC about it, but you don't need to provide reference letters.

At no point in the process will CIC ask to see your CV.

Thanks very much for the reply. I think this is a great solution!