+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Help: Expiring PGWP thinking to apply LMIA close work permit and later BOWP

msmohit871

Nov 23, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2023
AOR Received.
03-04-2023
Hey, My PGWP will expire in June 2023 and I’m currently in express entry pool with 490 CRS and waiting to get invited. Since my PGWP expiry is near I’m thinking to apply LMIA with my current employer and then apply for close-work permit extension with it. My question is can I later apply BOWP once I get AOR and complete R10 check? Can I switch from close-permit to open like this?

Feb 15, 2023
Hey, My PGWP will expire in June 2023 and I’m currently in express entry pool with 490 CRS and waiting to get invited. Since my PGWP expiry is near I’m thinking to apply LMIA with my current employer and then apply for close-work permit extension with it. My question is can I later apply BOWP once I get AOR and complete R10 check? Can I switch from close-permit to open like this?
If you get an LMIA work permit why do you need to apply for bowp?

Because BOWP is only eligible to those candidates whose current work permit is expiring and they have applied for pr and are waiting for a response.

msmohit871

Nov 23, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2023
AOR Received.
03-04-2023
Because with closed-work permit I can only do job with one employer and can’t do other part-time work.

I think from September 2022 IRCC have removed the 4 months time and now any applicant who has a valid work permit, AOR and have passed the R10 stage can apply for BOWP. Also, even if I don’t apply BOWP once my PR is processed do I still need to work for same employer for another 1 year or I am free to switch employers after getting PR?

Feb 15, 2023
Because with closed-work permit I can only do job with one employer and can’t do other part-time work.

I think from September 2022 IRCC have removed the 4 months time and now any applicant who has a valid work permit, AOR and have passed the R10 stage can apply for BOWP. Also, even if I don’t apply BOWP once my PR is processed do I still need to work for same employer for another 1 year or I am free to switch employers after getting PR?
After you get the pr you can work as many jobs as you like and with whomever.

Not sure about 4 months time you are talking about I don't know what that is.

msmohit871

Nov 23, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2023
AOR Received.
03-04-2023
Okay, thanks

Also, I have already worked 1 year with my current employer on PGWP do I need to complete another 1 year before I can claim job offer points in express entry? Or just the LMIA job offer is enough to claim points?

mandeep2nkp

Mar 8, 2023
I have a question, I am doing Two Full Time jobs on PGWP which are

Software Engineer
Monday to Friday
25$/Hour 40 Hours a Week from 9 AM to 5PM

Drywall Installer around 32 hours/Week
At 16$/Hour
Wednesday from 7PM to 11PM
Thursday from 7PM to 11 PM
Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shift from 6AM to 6PM

which job should i show in my express entry profile, because both are full time jobs, if i show Drywall Installer job in my express entry will it create any problem or not. Because some agent are saying mr that my primary job is of software engineer, but i dont think that there is any concept of primary job.

I am doing both jobs from 1 year continuously. Which job should i show in cec and will drywall job only create any problem in express entry or not, if i show only drywall job, but not software engineer job.

msmohit871

Nov 23, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-04-2023
AOR Received.
03-04-2023
I have a question, I am doing Two Full Time jobs on PGWP which are

Software Engineer
Monday to Friday
25$/Hour 40 Hours a Week from 9 AM to 5PM

Drywall Installer around 32 hours/Week
At 16$/Hour
Wednesday from 7PM to 11PM
Thursday from 7PM to 11 PM
Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shift from 6AM to 6PM

which job should i show in my express entry profile, because both are full time jobs, if i show Drywall Installer job in my express entry will it create any problem or not. Because some agent are saying mr that my primary job is of software engineer, but i dont think that there is any concept of primary job.

I am doing both jobs from 1 year continuously. Which job should i show in cec and will drywall job only create any problem in express entry or not, if i show only drywall job, but not software engineer job.
First of all, hats off to you for doing both mental and physical hardworking jobs.

I think since both have different NOC you have choice to select job which is eligible in both CEC or PNP to maximize your chance for getting an ITA and if you have FSW experience back home in Software Engineering then you can select that. Also, go with the one for which you can get experience letter as per IRCC specifications. Good Luck