+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP: Document requirements for Express Entry & Some Questions

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Hello everybody! ;D

I currently started an application for the Express Entry program and in the process of compiling the needed documents. But I have several issues I need help with. I hope anyone can help me here.

WORK HISTORY

I have 3 jobs wherein I may not be able to submit work verifications due to the nature of my leaving.

1) The first two are from an American company owned by a family (I worked in the US) and they tried to hide the letter from the USCIS after being denied a working visa. I left the job after talking to a US immigration lawyer who advised me to go home instead of continuing my work with them. Please note, however, that I was able to go home before the given date of the USCIS before I turn into an illegal worker (I have a faxed copy of the USCIS letter which was given to me very late - about a week before the deadline). I also worked under the 1-year employment program after finishing my studies there. As such, the company did not give me any work verifications and doubt they will if I ask. I, however, still filed for tax returns and have kept my copy of the filed return. This job was in 2012-2013.

2) The last job was a school in my country 2014-2015, and I stayed for a little over a year before one of my co-teachers verbally did sexual harassment on me. I filed an administrative case against the teacher but the principal then sided with the guy saying it was just miscommunication. This after finding out he also did the same with 2 other female co-teachers. I opted to resign instead and now work with a different school. I have a copy of the letter I wrote to the principal and some of my payslips. So again, the nature of my leaving wasn't a good one.

In these cases, what can I submit as proof of my work with these companies?

3) I have been a freelancer over the past 3 years. One of my work is seasonal but takes about 1-3 weeks full time. I travel with two different auditing groups and serve as their interpreter and cultural liaison. I've been with the first company since 2013 and the other just this October. How do I put this in my application?

FINANCIAL PROOF

1) In cash or manager's check if ever I get accepted for Express Entry? I mean, do I need to bring the cash? I also have separate accounts so maybe I need to get all of them? Do I start getting those manager's checks while I am filling out my Express Entry profile?

Thank you to anyone who'd have time to respond. I might have more questions later on. ;)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't help you with your third question but I'll answer the other ones.

1 & 2 - The most important document that you will be requested is a reference letter from previous employers.

"The reference letter is an official document printed on company letterhead and must include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company and a business card of the person signing the letter. The letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits."

Since you left in odd terms you have to figure out if you'll be able to obtain this document.

4 - If you're applying through FSW you need to have the minimum funds. You can provide proof from different accounts, you will be required to obtain a bank letter stating

"the official letter must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include your name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the account numbers, dates of when each account was opened and the balance of each account over the previous 6 months."

Cheers ;)

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
Thank you! It'll be quite an undertaking trying to get a reference letter from those companies. Sigh.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they refuse to give you a reference letter, get proof of that refusal (e-mails) and you can get a notarized letter from a former colleague stating your duties and responsibilities. You can then provide other proof like pay stubs, contract, etc.

Cheers ;)

Archeia

Nov 26, 2016
I do have some colleagues still in contact with me from the school job but not the ones from the US. I also have copies of the contract from the school, along with paystubs and training certificates.

For the hospital job in the US, I only have the tax return employee record slips and a certificate of training for social services. I only had about 2 days to pack that time before I am considered overstaying so I left behind a lot of things. Now that I am going through my papers, I might have lost copies of my contract and the pay slips. :(

Thank you again!