+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help dear seniors.. Urgent!

Feb 16, 2018
Hello people,

I applied for my citizenship and Left Canada for two months for business and when I came back border security said they have to arrest me so they did and sent me to RCMP in the airport. The reason behind it is I was reporting to a probation officer once a month but I went in front of the judge (to the court) and cleared my name with 12 months peacebond.. just keep my good behavior and no more reporting.. but somehow she reported me saying I didn’t show up her next appointment. And put a warrant on me. I thought I didn’t have to. Anyways I just signed a “APPEAR TO COURT” doc and police officer released me. Now I have a trial date for April. But I have citizenship test on March 5th... I am very confused. Do you think it will affect my oath?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello people,

I applied for my citizenship and Left Canada for two months for business and when I came back border security said they have to arrest me so they did and sent me to RCMP in the airport. The reason behind it is I was reporting to a probation officer once a month but I went in front of the judge (to the court) and cleared my name with 12 months peacebond.. just keep my good behavior and no more reporting.. but somehow she reported me saying I didn’t show up her next appointment. And put a warrant on me. I thought I didn’t have to. Anyways I just signed a “APPEAR TO COURT” doc and police officer released me. Now I have a trial date for April. But I have citizenship test on March 5th... I am very confused. Do you think it will affect my oath?
So you have this problem on top of CIC suspecting you entered into a marriage of convenience to obtain PR?

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/need-a-pro.544384/

Yeah - I would expect both these things to impact your oath. You should expect both will need to be resolved before CIC will proceed with the oath.

Feb 16, 2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No no. As you can see above I am writing this for my friend who is taking his test same day with me
Funny that you both have the same oath date.

In both cases I think the oath will be held until each issue is resolved. The oath will definitely be held in your case (until CIC makes a decision regarding the claim they've made against you regarding the marriage of convenience). I don't think CIC will proceed with the oath in your friend's case either until it's determined if the peace bond was in fact broken and will result in charges.

Reactions: technic

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So let’s say he passed the test. Will they make him wait for the oath date?
Yes - he should expect that they will make him wait until the peace bond issue is resolved. If he's asked about any charges when he goes for the test, he needs to be honest and explain the peace bond situation and the fact he has a court hearing.

Reactions: gabrielvillani
Feb 16, 2018
Funny that you both have the same oath date.

In both cases I think the oath will be held until each issue is resolved. The oath will definitely be held in your case (until CIC makes a decision regarding the claim they've made against you regarding the marriage of convenience). I don't think CIC will proceed with the oath in your friend's case either until it's determined if the peace bond was in fact broken and will result in charges.
Yes we have the same test date... we prepared and applied together. And received the same date some how. I can send you a picture if we sit together lol

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Some will find it interesting that both you and your "friend" have trouble with the law. Wish you a new lease on life!

Reactions: sajc

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
If an applicant is on probation, the applicant is prohibited from being granted citizenship. The application is subject to being denied. It appears there are occasions, however, in which IRCC has not proceeded with processing and if the probation matter is resolved and probation terminated, perhaps then processed. Not sure how often or why this happens. It should not happen, since again a person on probation is explicitly prohibited from being granted citizenship.

If an applicant is on probation at the time the PR applies for citizenship, this needs to be disclosed (item 16 in current application form). Failure to disclose is, of course, misrepresentation by omission. This is among the more serious and more likely to be prosecuted instances of misrepresentation.

If an applicant was not on probation at the time of applying, but is put on probation while the application is pending, the applicant is required to notify IRCC of this promptly. AT THE VERY LEAST, THE APPLICANT NEEDS TO DISCLOSE THIS AT THE INTERVIEW. The applicant will in fact be asked about prohibitions and probably be required to sign the prohibitions declaration form. Here too, FAILURE TO DISCLOSE IS A SERIOUS MISREPRESENTATION. If the misrepresentation is discovered prior to taking the oath, the application is denied and the applicant is prohibited from a grant of citizenship for five years. If the misrepresentation is discovered after the individual has taken the oath, citizenship will likely be revoked (sooner or later) and the individual will be prohibited from a grant of citizenship for TEN years. No matter when the misrepresentation is discovered, it is also subject to possible criminal prosecution, the upside of which is room and board for a period of time, downside of which is the lack of choice in roommates, probably no windows, lots of bars and locking doors with someone else holding the keys, and ultimately a criminal record which also results in a prohibition from citizenship.

THE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS TO CONSULT WITH A LAWYER SOON or simply withdraw the application. Unless he or she is not really on probation and there is some sort of mistake. But if the applicant is on probation, the applicant needs to either notify IRCC of this soon or withdraw the application. Ugly, ugly, ugly consequences otherwise.

Make no mistake, with rare exception this is something IRCC finds out about, sooner usually but in almost every event later at the least.