Uma Kakileti

Feb 8, 2016
Dear Friends,

Need suggestion I have given my ielts and have the following score
L: 7
R: 7.5
S:6.5
W:6.5
I'm 30 yrs with no Canadian experience but with 3+ yrs of experience in India got my post graduation degree.. I have my cousin staying in Canada but unable to use it as he is my father brother son.

My CRS is 380 what are my chances of getting a PR.. How do I apply for PNP from India.

Arian_UD

Star Member
Oct 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uma Kakileti said:
Dear Friends,

I'm 30 yrs with no Canadian experience but with 3+ yrs of experience in India got my post graduation degree.. I have my cousin staying in Canada but unable to use it as he is my father brother son.

My CRS is 380 what are my chances of getting a PR.. How do I apply for PNP from India.
Hello Uma,

I would suggest you to re-take IELTS and improve your score to CLB 9 that will automatically push you score to 400+ with which you will get invitation to apply for PNP from the state of Ontario.

Good luck.

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uma Kakileti said:
Dear Friends,

SINP is one of your chances of getting nomination and getting 600 more points.
Check below link and see if you are eligible. If you are eligib le, get ready with your online application updated so that you can apply whenever it opens.
http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/express-entry

Uma Kakileti

Feb 8, 2016
Gave my ielts twice and looking for some other way of increasing my CRS score.

Can you help me understand how can I get PNP directly from India ..

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Both the above users have already mentioned answers to your question.

Option 1: If you want to apply for Ontario PNP, then you need atleast 400 CRS points to be eligible to receive PT Notification of Interest from Ontario. Once you receive the PT NOI only then you can apply for OINP which will fetch you additional 600 CRS points.
To increase your CRS points above 400, you need to reappear for IELTS and obtain CLB 9 equivalent scores:
L - 8
R - 7
S - 7
W- 7

Option 2: If your NOC code is "In-Demand" list in the application guide of Saskatechewan PNP, then you can apply for SINP when it reopens next.

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uma Kakileti said:

If you are not willing to give IELTS a shot once more, better be prepared for applying to provinces under their Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP).
You have to rule out Ontario because your score is not above 400. So, you are left with Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia and some other provinces(There are provinces which needs a job offer to apply). Better check about these provinces in this link. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

For Saskatchewan PNP, you can start creating a login and filling the details in this link.

https://immigration.saskatchewan.ca/apex/f?p=305:101

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hi Uma,
I am going to recommend that you retake the IELTS.
It is entirely possible to get a PNP from India without any prior Canadian experience- I did it myself! However, this generally requires one of two things:

1) An active offer of employment from an employer within the province that you are applying to;
2) Over 400 CRS points

As of right now, you have none of these. More importantly, the only factor in your control to push up your CRS is your IELTS score. If you scored an 8/8.5 or above in each category, you'd easily be over 400 points and get an ITA from OINP, which is the easiest, most liberal PNP that there is.

Assuming you are still unwilling to retry the IELTS, my suggestion to you is to peruse the SINP link that other members have provided above. You can see there if your NOC is listed as being 'in demand;' if it is, you may be able to apply for a PNP from SINP when it re-opens its application program.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Uma Kakileti said:
Does having a cousin ( father's brother's son) help me in anyway in increasing my CRS score in relations part
It will not, no.

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uma Kakileti said:
Does having a cousin ( father's brother's son) help me in anyway in increasing my CRS score in relations part
This is what the application guide says

If you choose to be assessed against FSWP criteria, you can earn points for
adaptability if you or your spouse have a parent, grandparent, child, grandchild,
sibling, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew who is a Canadian citizen or permanent
resident living in Canada aged 18 years or older.

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Uma Kakileti said:
Nops, Having relative in Canada was having weightage only till FSW2014, having a relative in Canada does not increase your CRS under express entry.

However if you are applying for PNP, some PNPs do give weightage for the same(Thus having relative in Canada indirectly boosts your chances if you are intending to reside in the same Province).

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uma Kakileti said:

IELTS is the straight forward way to increase your points and it has a huge impact. Your scores are very close to CLB 9 so you may try few more times if required. If you score CLB 9 in all sections, then your language points will increase by 30 points (considering single) and skill transfer ability by 50 points. Your total points would be 380 + 80 = 460 and you will get ITA. Don't give up on IELTS, your other factors are good, so CLB 9 will sail you through.

Skyler White

Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I guess all possible options have been covered above...
One more could be learning French to add on to your score... Then apply for OOPNP.

Good Luck!

Aug 19, 2017
Hi Everyone,
first of all i would like to say thanks each and everyone here for helping out each other.
Now my query is about eligibility chances, I have given Ielts twice and don't want to give it back again.What are my chances, please if any one replies me will be great help.

My Ielts score is as follows:
L: 6
R:6

And altogether my CRS score is 400.

goralgoda

Feb 4, 2020
Hello,

My CRS score is 380
IELTS score as follows
Reading 9.0
Listening 8.5
Speaking 7.0
Writing 6.5
Overall 8bands

I applied for reassessment as well, hoping I could make 7 in writing but no change.

My NOC code is 2171.
Could you please let me know the chances of getting Canada PR? Which PNP would be appropriate for me?