+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP!Can't upload IMM5710 for application for Post graduation work permit!

Purba

Mar 30, 2013
Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for sharing the mailing information. I didnt realize that if I give it to postal service today, then it will be the date considered for the application to be made. I guess I will be going with paper mail after all, which is so frustrating :mad:

Btw, are you going to use Canada Post or some other service? (Asking cause I want to know if its only Canada Post that they consider the application to be made with!).

Also, here is the reference number I got from the GCkey Helpdesk: 48197.

kevinbian

Mar 30, 2013
Purba said:
Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for sharing the mailing information. I didnt realize that if I give it to postal service today, then it will be the date considered for the application to be made. I guess I will be going with paper mail after all, which is so frustrating :mad:

Btw, are you going to use Canada Post or some other service? (Asking cause I want to know if its only Canada Post that they consider the application to be made with!).

Yep..so frustrating.

I guess there is no specific requirements about the post office, I am gonna use Canada Post (Express) anyway. BUT, there are some requests about the envelope:

---Put the completed forms, supporting documents and fee payment receipt in a 23 cm x 30.5 cm (9″ x 12″) envelope. Do not include a prepaid envelope with your application.
---Write your name and address at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
---Have the post office weigh your envelope to ensure you put sufficient postage on it.
---Mail the envelope.

I am working on the paper work, trying to attach an explanation letter to describe this issue....

BTW, about the reference number, how to use it? Just mention it in the explanation letter?

thanks a lot! :)

Cheer up, guys! This is not the end of the world!

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
Purba said:
I think you should be able to use registered mail (which you need to get proof of mailing) with any delivery service (courier). But I am not sure. It's hard to believe CIC would require you to use Canada post. In any case make sure your letter get stamped or has some proof of mailing date on it.

Note that it is Easter Sunday tomorrow, so Canada Post and many courier companies are closed (at least for pickup). Please post back if you find a way to send registered mail on Sunday (I'm in Toronto). Thanks. My permit expiry date is March 31 but I must probably send the paper application already today as I haven't found any option to send the paper application by mail tomorrow.

Purba said:
Thanks!

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
kevinbian said:
I am working on the paper work, trying to attach an explanation letter to describe this issue....

BTW, about the reference number, how to use it? Just mention it in the explanation letter?
I am not going to mention the issue at all in my paper application. However, I am going to try and send a second, online, application next week, when the system is fixed, hoping to get my application processed in the faster online processing queue. When sending the online application I will provide an explanation of the issue we are having, and provide the reference number. I don't want to have on record that I have been an illegal immigrant, and so this will only work if somehow I can convince them to process the online application without putting on record that the online application was sent in after my current permit had expired. Not sure if that would be possible, I will have to talk with CIC hotlline on Tuesday. If it works, I will then simply contact CIC to cancel the paper application. Of course, I will end up paying multiple fees doing all this, but to me it is worth it.

kevinbian

Mar 30, 2013
sonofjon said:
I am not going to mention the issue at all in my paper application. However, I am going to try and send a second, online, application next week, when the system is fixed, hoping to get my application processed in the faster online processing queue. When sending the online application I will provide an explanation of the issue we are having, and provide the reference number. I don't want to have on record that I have been an illegal immigrant, and so this will only work if somehow I can convince them to process the online application without putting on record that the online application was sent in after my current permit had expired. Not sure if that would be possible, I will have to talk with CIC hotlline on Tuesday. If it works, I will then simply contact CIC to cancel the paper application. Of course, I will end up paying multiple fees doing all this, but to me it is worth it.
Great suggestion! Perhaps I will do the same thing.
But I mention this issue in my paper application just in case they consider it is an overdue application. Don't you think..? Actually, I have no idea, just wish it will be helpful...

Thank you! :)

Purba

Mar 30, 2013
I am with Kevin on this. I think its a good idea to mention the problem in our letter when we send the application by mail. If all of us mention it, they may even recognize that there clearly was an issue with the online service and we might just get lucky and have our applications processed online.

I dont know of any courier service that will be open tomorrow so best to send it today. God I am disliking easter! (lol)

I also had a question, I just paid online for the application and got the official payment receipt. Do we need to fill out the form that comes with the receipt (I am guessing most likely but just making sure).

kazithaq

Mar 30, 2013
Purba said:
I am with Kevin on this. I think its a good idea to mention the problem in our letter when we send the application by mail. If all of us mention it, they may even recognize that there clearly was an issue with the online service and we might just get lucky and have our applications processed online.

I dont know of any courier service that will be open tomorrow so best to send it today. God I am disliking easter! (lol)

I also had a question, I just paid online for the application and got the official payment receipt. Do we need to fill out the form that comes with the receipt (I am guessing most likely but just making sure).
Hi
I am having the same problem. Are you guys sure that CIC consider the postal receive date as the date application made ? I guess this the most crucial question now. My study permit will expire on 31st. I dont see another option then to send the paper application. Has anyone been able to upload it online ?

kazithaq

Mar 30, 2013
Hi Guys

Good news. Its working. I just have submitted my application. Thank god. It was scary!

kazithaq said:
Hi
I am having the same problem. Are you guys sure that CIC consider the postal receive date as the date application made ? I guess this the most crucial question now. My study permit will expire on 31st. I dont see another option then to send the paper application. Has anyone been able to upload it online ?

Fortunate

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo to CPP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
Oct 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2011
File Transfer...
July 2012
Med's Request
Oct 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Good News!
I made a few changes in some parts, then it worked. I am not sure if the system itself is working now or my new changes were effective. I am applying for the extension of work permit.
These are my changes:

Name of Employer - NA
Address of Employer - leave this blank!
Occupation in Canada - NA
Brief Description of Duties - Not Applicable

Goodluck!

Purba

Mar 30, 2013
Shit, I payed for it already online to mail out the paper application. Any suggestion on what I should do?

Also, did you sign the IMM 5710 form and scan it or just uploaded it without signing?

sonofjon

Jun 11, 2012
Purba,

CIC instructions on signing:

"You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC"

For refunds there is some info on paper applications as follows:

Guide 5551:
"To obtain a refund, you need to send a written request to withdraw your application to the processing centre at CPC Vegreville, 6212-55th Avenue, Vegrevile, Alberta, T9C 1W5. The processing fee is only refundable if we receive your request before processing has begun."

Not sure if that is the route you should go if you submit online though. Call hotline on Tuesday and ask. I would guess analogously they would refund your fee if they haven't started processing your application.

I was just about to pay my online fee for paper application when I saw the news that the system was working. Phew.

So you lost $75. Not fun, but focus on that you won't risk going over time and you won't have to wait for long paper application processing. I would say it's worth $75. But I actually think you'll get it back.

kevinbian

Mar 30, 2013
Finally it works..
My Study permit was issued to today March 30. Almost sent the paper application out...

Good luck to everyone. Love you all...

Stupindo

Mar 30, 2013
The same here (Visitor Application). Forms uploaded successfully. ;D
Thanks to everybody who was keeping us up-to-date and to those who called to support.

Good luck! :)