+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED HELP ASAP!

kianyaleszkovics

Aug 31, 2012
I am a American Citizen, and my Husband of 3 years is Canadian and lives in Winnipeg,MB. We both came across the border December 2011 and was married November 2011. I have been here in Canada for 8 months now and during that time i was given a 1 year extension and still in the process of filling out paperwork to become a permanent Resident. I just found out that I'm pregnant, but Manitoba Health won't cover me for anything. I just want to know if i am able to go back to the U.S to get medical care and give birth to our baby and come back across the border without any problems. This is so stressful. And i don't want to be separated from my husband, and it will be very upsetting to abort my unborn child. Please i need some answers :(

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
:(I'm sorry. I'm not much help but I'm sure others here will have more ideas. If you move back to the States, could your husband stay with you in the States while you go through your pregnancy. In theory he can stay up to 6 months but he could visit you often. Have you checked with your American embassy and see if they could help? Or have you looked into American private insurance plans? :( There has to be a way.

kianyaleszkovics

Aug 31, 2012
Thank you so much for replying. Yes we have called all around from 1800-o canada The head director of Manitoba health all the way to seeking legal advice. Another option is Home Birth but that means i would also have to pay for a midwife and thats only if the pregnancy goes absolutely well. I would like to go to regular Prenatal visits to a Gynecologists but it costs $500 a visit or more. I don't know im so confused, because me and my husband are so in love and we want everything to be okay.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
You should concentrate on trying to finish the PR application before you return to the States to give birth, if that is the best-case scenario. That way, it would already be in progress by the time you return to Canada, and you could point out that you wish to visit with your spouse until you become a PR, and also you want to apply for your child's Canadian citizenship.

kianyaleszkovics

Aug 31, 2012
Hey! Thanx for replying. I called immigration and they stated that if i send out my paper work and it is in process once i leave Canada the process will automatically stop. Including my one year extension. Is that necessarily true?

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
kianyaleszkovics said:
Hey! Thanx for replying. I called immigration and they stated that if i send out my paper work and it is in process once i leave Canada the process will automatically stop. Including my one year extension. Is that necessarily true?
Only if you apply inland.
but if you apply outland which is much faster anyways, you can leave canada and return later as CharlieD stated.

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
I see you started this thread twice, so as I responded in the other, I'll re-post here in case you miss it.

Perhaps Manitoba offers free midwifery care to women as is the case in Ontario. Here's a link you might want to check out, it has a phone number you can call to find out if that's the case.

http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/maternal/midwifery.html

My wife and I are also expecting a child and like you she does not qualify for our provincial healthcare yet (OHIP), so we've engaged the services of a midwife. We do not pay for visits/consultations with her (right now once per month, but further along in the pregnancy it'll be down to once per week, just as it would be if we were seeing a physician), nor will we have to pay to have her attend the birth along with an "assistant" midwife. Midwives are at least as qualified, legally and practically, as a physician when it pertains to pregnancy and childbirth. Their services are covered by the Ontario government whether or not the client/patient is a bonafide resident of Ontario. What we do have to pay for out of pocket is bloodwork and ultrasounds (less than $500 total) and if the birth must occur in a hospital (we're planning a home birth if at all possible), we will have to pay hospital/attending physician fees which, I'm told run around $3000 for a "normal" birth and $5000 for a c-section. As long as there are no complications, the midwife is legally permitted to attend the birth at home and does not have to refer her client/patient to the hospital. We've found the entire experience with our midwife to be excellent to date. My wife is 23 weeks pregnant, due date is Christmas Day!

And remember, once the baby is born in Canada, he or she is automatically a citizen and immediately qualifies or medical care should there be a need.

Please don't let uncertainty and stress cause you to abort your baby, things'll be fine. Just put a push on and get your paperwork submitted as soon as possible.

All the best!

backcountry

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-12
AOR Received.
26-06-12
File Transfer...
28-06-12
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Passport Req..
20-11-12
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-12
LANDED..........
04-12-12
Also, as others have said, apply "Outland". You can still "visit" your husband in Canada during that time, but you're also able to leave the country without jeopardizing your application. However, if you do leave Canada, it is possible you may be denied entry upon endeavouring to return prior to receiving PR. Though few are denied, my wife and I have decided it's best for her to simply remain in Canada until the birth of our child and we've received her PR. We were only granted a six month VR when we crossed after getting married in March, so we just this week sent in the application for an extension. We did, however, submit our application immediately after getting married, so we're on Step 2, as my sponsorship application was approved in June. Very much hoping to receive PR before the baby arrives.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
kianyaleszkovics said:
I am a American Citizen, and my Husband of 3 years is Canadian and lives in Winnipeg,MB. We both came across the border December 2011 and was married November 2011. I have been here in Canada for 8 months now and during that time i was given a 1 year extension and still in the process of filling out paperwork to become a permanent Resident. I just found out that I'm pregnant, but Manitoba Health won't cover me for anything. I just want to know if i am able to go back to the U.S to get medical care and give birth to our baby and come back across the border without any problems. This is so stressful. And i don't want to be separated from my husband, and it will be very upsetting to abort my unborn child. Please i need some answers :(

Please don't abort the kid, it did nothing wrong.

Yes you can come back no problem, my wife's American we filed inland, she's been approved and she crossed the border all the time during the long wait, they never said a thing!!

The baby will be automatically Canadian regardless of where born, due to his/her father.

You will have no problem getting into Canada, Canadian immigration officers are nice and Canada is a lefty liberal place. To deny an American with a Canadian child plus Canadian husband entry would cause a media outrage. You will be fine!!

Coming back across the border with your Canadian citizen baby, there is no way they can deny you, Canada lets in thugs and 3rd world gangsters in all the time.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
I want to add that my American cousin was flagged at the border for having a drunk driving conviction in Texas, she argued with them and they let her pass, Canadian immigration ppl are nothing to be scared of.

Its the US guys you don't want to mess around with.

Canadian officials are just glorified tax collectors.

kianyaleszkovics

Aug 31, 2012
thanx alot i appreciate your advice. at this time i think we are going to go with getting a midwife and possibly having a home birth if everything goes okay. thanx for your encouragement and support. i wish you and your wife the best. i know how stressful it is to be with someone you love that lives in another country we go through so much.