+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help and advice regarding PGWPP situation

MrWorldWide

Aug 18, 2014
Hello forum members

I completed my studies in early June and would like to apply for a post-graduate work permit. I, however, find myself in an unfortunate position as I was unable to settle some outstanding tuition fees at the time of my graduation. My problem is that the 90 day deadline for me is fast approaching and I will only be able to settle my outstanding fees after the deadline has passed. I, obviously, don't have access to my diploma or my program completion letter and I know if I send the application now it won't be processed. Wasting time and money.

Could any of you provide some information or advice on how I can remedy this situation. Is there any chance of me being able to apply after the 90 day deadline has passed?

I still hold a valid study permit, which will remain valid for long enough for me to send an application, eventually once my fees have been paid. I also have a co-op work permit which is still valid and expires on the same day as my study permit. And I have a SIN from my co-op work term days. I'm just mentioning all of this if it may help at all.

HaroonKhan

Aug 18, 2014
Buddy,

You just need to go see the registrar at your institute and tell them your situation. Get in touch with the international office as well and get them on board. They are usually lenient considering the circumstances of international students and will grant you a letter of completion if you plead your case honestly and tell them your problem. Getting a transcript is hard under such circumstances but Letter of Completion is equally acceptable for PGWP. I know many people who applied for PGWP with letter of completion. If the amount of your dues is not too much, they might even consider giving you a transcript.