+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need help after receiving copr passport request

goatman

Sep 6, 2018
Hi all,

We received the COPR passport request letter last week which is great, except I'm not sure where we're meant to send our photos and passport photocopies.

I know we don't need to send our passports because we're from a visa exempt country (UK), but I don't know whether we send them to the VFS Global office or the Canadian High Commission.

Did anyone here apply for PR from the UK and can confirm where to send their passport photos?

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
Hi all,

We received the COPR passport request letter last week which is great, except I'm not sure where we're meant to send our photos and passport photocopies.

I know we don't need to send our passports because we're from a visa exempt country (UK), but I don't know whether we send them to the VFS Global office or the Canadian High Commission.

Did anyone here apply for PR from the UK and can confirm where to send their passport photos?
sorry , no experience ...

Pls read the email received thoroughly and follow the instructions ... (we did the same for PPR request)

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all,

where was your passport request sent from, London Visa office? If yes, what did the letter say?

goatman

Sep 6, 2018
where was your passport request sent from, London Visa office? If yes, what did the letter say?
The letter came from the Canada High Commission in London, UK.

The letter is the standard copr passport request pdf that basically says;

* If you need a visa, send your passport and photos to VFS Global
* If you don't need a visa and didn't use Mycic send your stuff to the High Commission in London, UK
* If you don't need a visa and you DID use Mycic then you only need to mail your passport photos

We are the third option and it doesn't mention which of the addresses we post to.

We decided to send our stuff to the Canadian High Commission after asking around online.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
The letter came from the Canada High Commission in London, UK.

The letter is the standard copr passport request pdf that basically says;

* If you need a visa, send your passport and photos to VFS Global
* If you don't need a visa and didn't use Mycic send your stuff to the High Commission in London, UK
* If you don't need a visa and you DID use Mycic then you only need to mail your passport photos

We are the third option and it doesn't mention which of the addresses we post to.

We decided to send our stuff to the Canadian High Commission after asking around online.
That's the smart decision

ps210

Sep 29, 2019
Hi Goatman.

We are in the exact same position as you and also got the rather confusing letter without an address for the third option.

Assume you were correct in sending your photos to the Canadian high commission?

goatman

Sep 6, 2018
Hi Goatman.

We are in the exact same position as you and also got the rather confusing letter without an address for the third option.

Assume you were correct in sending your photos to the Canadian high commission?
Yep. Sent them to the High Commission and everything worked out fine.