No interview call
Passport Req..
22-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2011
LANDED..........
03-01-2012
Hi everyone,
I am new migrant here in BC with my family(wife and a son). before moving BC, I was in Australia on student visa and lived there 3 years.
After arriving here, I applied for MSP and Child care benefit where Revenue Canada asked about my previous income and tax history so I filled correctly because I thought It is not fair to tell lie to Revenue services because they can access my information from Australian Tax office.
Now I received a letter that I have to pay $128/month as a MSP and I have option to choose 3/6/12 months premiums by choice.
presently, I am struggling to get a job and I read on MSP wesite that you can apply for premium assistance if your salary is $0-22000. I am not earning a single penny at the moment.
My question is:
Did they decide my Premium on My Australian income and Tax
or there is any other criteria to decide how much one should pay.
How I can apply for premium assistance
please share your experience about MSP and how fair pharmacare works?
Is there any hidden charges to register with Fair pharmacare?
I shall be very thankful to your replies

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
$128 is a current rate for a family of 3 or more, see http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/premium.html

If you look at that link above, you will also see a clause about the premium assistance. It says you are not eligible for it until you have been in Canada for 12 months.

You will just have to try to find a survival job as fast as possible and once you have 12 months, look at your income then.