+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need health insurance for parents in Canada

Samuel Almeda

Aug 5, 2021
Hi everyone! I'm from the US and my parents are in Canada. I am still unable to travel to them due to the pandemic. During these days, both of them were dealing with serious health issues. Unfortunately, they couldn't take health insurance before. I think health insurance is very much necessary for them now. Does anyone know any reputed insurance agency in Ontario? When I asked my friends, One of them mentioned this agency named Orr Insurance and Investment. I haven't heard about them. Does anyone here take any of their services? Are there any other insurance agencies I could contact? Please come up with your thoughts!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi everyone! I'm from the US and my parents are in Canada. I am still unable to travel to them due to the pandemic. During these days, both of them were dealing with serious health issues. Unfortunately, they couldn't take health insurance before. I think health insurance is very much necessary for them now. Does anyone know any reputed insurance agency in Ontario? When I asked my friends, One of them mentioned this agency named Orr Insurance and Investment. I haven't heard about them. Does anyone here take any of their services? Are there any other insurance agencies I could contact? Please come up with your thoughts!
Just keep in mind that typically health insurance purchased doesn’t cover any pre existing conditions that were prior to purchasing the insurance

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are your parents visiting Canada? They must have a family member in Canada if they were able to enter. Most medical insurance is only for emergency care and not for pre-existing conditions before the purchase of the policy. If they have ongoing health issues their best option is to return home. If not you’ll be paying all out of pocket.

Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A friend of mine purchased a policy with this company and had a very bad experience. They refused to pay out on a valid claim.

Stay away from them and purchase a policy with a reputable insurance company like manulife or blue cross.

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am a licensed insurance agent in Ontario.
Anyone who needs help with travel insurance for Students and Visitors to Canada Travel insurance for Tourist visa and Super Visa holders bound for Ontario, I am all here for you to offer my assistance. I can provide quotes from 4 different insurance providers.
Monthly premiums are available depending on the provider you choice.
Feel free to send me a private message and I will reach out to you directly from my company email.

Good luck on your respective applications!!!
You are breaking the terms of use of the forum. You are not allowed to advertise your services on the forum. I’ve reported your post.

sjfs00

Star Member
May 9, 2020
Morocco
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO
Nomination.....
22-07-2020
AOR Received.
16-10-2020
Med's Done....
18-11-2020 / 27-01-2022
Passport Req..
16-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2022
Hi,

I am a licensed insurance agent in Ontario.
Anyone who needs help with travel insurance for Students and Visitors to Canada Travel insurance for Tourist visa and Super Visa holders bound for Ontario, I am all here for you to offer my assistance. I can provide quotes from 4 different insurance providers.
Monthly premiums are available depending on the provider you choice.
Feel free to send me a private message and I will reach out to you directly from my company email.

Good luck on your respective applications!!!
Hi,

what would be the best health insurance for a newcomer in the province of Ontario ? can we get an estimate for 3 months for example ? any tips or suggestions you can give us publicly are welcomed !
thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

what would be the best health insurance for a newcomer in the province of Ontario ? can we get an estimate for 3 months for example ? any tips or suggestions you can give us publicly are welcomed !
thanks
Currently there is not 3 month wait time du3 to Covid but the 3 month wait period will return eventually.