+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Guidelines for self applying for Canadian PR Visa

nags007

Mar 15, 2016
Hi All,

Its my pleasure visiting here i would thank all you efforts to help those who are need of information.

Coming to me Im Nagarjuna from Bangalore looking for Canadian PR Visa on express entry i had consulted Y axis aswell Kenses overseas frm Hyderabad seems they are quoting more than 1.5L. So when i saw few experts given some guidelines before approaching to Consultancy services to reduce some cost currently im working as a cognos developer in small firm. I would request experts to help on what are the aspects can be done by our Ourselfs before reaching consultant. do we really need consultancy help through Visa process.

With regards,
nag
knag193@gmail.com

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whole of the process for Express entry is simple , you need to fill your information online by creating an account at mycic.
in my opinion, You dont need any consultant for it, you can do it youself.

first of all get ur degree assessed by One of the organisations for credential assessment and give IELTS general module

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
I don't think you need a consultant or an attorney or whatever to apply for Express Entry. Just take a day or two to go over all the information on CIC's website, and you'll be fine. Any additional questions you can search on their website or post them in this forum.

CIC's website is way better and accessible compared to the American USCIS or Australian immigration. And, so is the Canadian PR application process. I'm in the process of gathering information to apply for a PR from either Australia, New Zealand, or an American green card, and by far the Canadian Express Entry is the most accessible one.

You can do it yourself. You don't want to spend a fortune on this. Lawyers will charge you unnecessary fees. And, beware of scams.

hossamo33

Mar 17, 2015
nags007 said:
Hi All,

Its my pleasure visiting here i would thank all you efforts to help those who are need of information.

Coming to me Im Nagarjuna from Bangalore looking for Canadian PR Visa on express entry i had consulted Y axis aswell Kenses overseas frm Hyderabad seems they are quoting more than 1.5L. So when i saw few experts given some guidelines before approaching to Consultancy services to reduce some cost currently im working as a cognos developer in small firm. I would request experts to help on what are the aspects can be done by our Ourselfs before reaching consultant. do we really need consultancy help through Visa process.

With regards,
nag
knag193@gmail.com
this forum can be your consultant. free of charge.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nags007 said:
Hi All,

With regards,
nag
knag193@gmail.com
As a first step you need to have your IELTS and ECA done. IELTS plays a very important role in your CRS score, therefore I would suggest you to target CLB 9 (LRWS - 8777). You can try these values in the calculators here and see for yourself how much of a difference IELTS makes to your CRS score.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
https://www.canadavisa.com/comprehensive-ranking-score-calculator.html

You can check the following links. It will answer most of your questions

Express Entry Eligibility Criteria and Important Links http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/migration-to-canada-through-express-entry-overview-and-quick-links-t397340.0.html;msg4964356#msg4964356

How to get Reference Letters http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

Regarding consultants/agents, you may have to spend more than the actual PR fees. They will tell you the same thing what is already there on CIC website. If you follow this forum, you will be in a position to do everything on your own. Most of your questions would already have been answered by many experienced people on this forum and still if you feel that there is a blocker, post your question here, I am sure, people will be more than willing to help you. In the end the decision is yours, if you have the money and willing to hire an agent, you will be able to find many of them. But after everything is done, you will feel, you paid them to you tell you things which are publicly available on CIC site, OINP site, forums like these etc.

Tip: Do not share your personal details (email, phone number etc) on a public forum, it could be misused.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
You need to prepare some docs, here are the good thread about it.

simply make sure you have or can get all this.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/document-checklist-fsw-t278095.0.html (this is for post-ITA) but its better start from checking this.