+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Guidance -Visitor Visa refusal stating insufficiency regarding travel

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I had applied for my Visitor visa from India to visit my spouse in Canada who is at the moment on a post graduate work permit. However it was refused on following grounds without an interview or demand for extra documents :

1st Your family ties in Canada and your country of residence.
2nd length is proposed Stay in Canada
3rd Your personal assets and financial status.

Can anyone please help what could I add as a proof under these specific heads. Since I do not have any assets on my name ( incase you could provide with example other than property). And as a part of family ties I've added our marriage certificate. (should I add multiple invitation letters from other relatives too? Would that help?) and in case of length of stay I've attached my travel tickets is there anything else that could prove my length of stay. I had attached my employment letter and my salary slips an my course tuition fee receipt as per proof of my return to India.

Looking forward for your valuable advice.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
When you reapply - you want to show stronger proof of your ties to India. The first refusal reason means that CIC believes your ties to Canada are stronger than your ties to India. So no - adding multiple invitation letters from other family in Canada will not help. It will make things worse.

How long a visit did you ask for in your first application?

Did the letter from your employer mention that the employer was approving your vacation to Canada and did the letter say how long you would be way for and when you would be back? If not, I would get a new letter that includes this information.

Did you include a letter from your school confirming your enrollment and the start date of your program? If not, I would obtain a letter.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1st Your family ties in Canada and your country of residence.
This refusal reason means your family ties to Canada are stronger than those to India because your spouse is in Canada.

Do you live with other family members in India? Dependent parents or siblings? Any children?

2nd length is proposed Stay in Canada
How long did you intend to visit?

3rd Your personal assets and financial status.
Please share the list of documents submitted for yourself and your spouse

Did you submit 6 months bank statements? No large, recent deposits, of course.
Do you have financial assets (FDs, RDs, shares, mutual funds, EPF and PPF, LIC, etc)? Locked-in and liquid cash?
How much funds do you have for your visit?

Has your study course started?

Cheers :)

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Hi, I had asked for a duration of travel for 20days. Would attaching my leave application approved from my employer help? Since offer of employment does not reflect the duration of leaves it only shows the entitlement of leaves that I have in a year.

And as far as my financial assets are concerned other than an LIC I do not have any other assets.

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
I had provided my bank statements for 4 months with stagnant funds.

My tuition fee receipt indicated the amount I paid as course fee for the current academic year. Is any specific letter require from my academic institution?

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
List of documents.

Spouses docs

Passport.
Post graduate work permit
Pay stubs
Offer letter
Bank statement
Letter of invitation

My Docs.

My Bank statement having $ 8000
Employment letter
Paystubs 6 months
Passport
Travel tickets
Tuition fee receipt
Letter of explanation.

Return ticket from US to Ind as I was availing a travel benefit. There were no outbound tickets departing Canada. As I was going to apply for US visa after I received the Canadian,about which I had mentioned in the explanation letter.

Please advise,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

This is what I suggest you should do:
I had asked for a duration of travel for 20days.
Draw up a day-by-day itinerary of places and activities you'll do during your visit.... along with expense estimates..... and prove that you have the funds for your visit.

Proofs for employment ties:
Employment letter + 6 months salary slips + 2 years ITRs + leave approval letter from your employer stating you'll have your job when you return + any other proofs (emails too) that show your current responsibilities.

Also, some proof that you must return by XX date for (example) completion of a work project/wedding in the immediate family/examinations/training, etc

my financial assets are concerned other than an LIC I do not have any other assets
What about EPF? Or PPF although it may/may not be locked-in? Or other financial investments to reduce your tax liabilities?

I had provided my bank statements for 4 months with stagnant funds.
It's 6 months bank statements for India applications.... and do remember, nothing should be borrowed to inflate the bank balance.

Is any specific letter require from my academic institution?
Yeah, other proofs that you are a bona fide student..... letter from your college allowing you to take holidays + interim examination results/forthcoming exams (if any.... which means you must return)

As I was going to apply for US visa after I received the Canadian
You should've obtained a US B1/B2 visa (or a C-1 transit) before booking any flight tickets.... this would've supported your proposed itinerary/ticket bookings for the US leg of your trip

Do you have confirmed tickets? Or provisional bookings?

There were no outbound tickets departing Canada.
If you do not have a US B1/B2 visa, I would suggest you do NOT book return tickets via the US. There are many flights departing from Canada with layovers in European hubs or even direct flights to India (from Toronto, for example)

Do you have family/dependent parents or siblings?
Do you have any other commitments or responsibilities for which you must return?
Have you traveled to other countries?

Cheers :)

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Are they, In my case uncertain about mine & my spouse's marriage? If so to strengthen my application on that point, Shall we include our what's app conversation, e mail or phone logs? Should I also include pictures of the ceremony or us?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pokeyoke_info said:
Are they, In my case uncertain about mine & my spouse's marriage? If so to strengthen my application on that point, Shall we include our what's app conversation, e mail or phone logs? Should I also include pictures of the ceremony or us?
No - that's not the problem. The problem is that your ties to Canada are stronger than your ties to your home country. Including more evidence of your marriage will just serve to further prove how strong your ties to Canada are and will create even stronger suspicion that you have plans to stay in Canada long term.

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
My return tickets were subject to availability, in other words open tickets as my examination schedule is not fixed, depending on which I had planned my return, But tentatively my stay was gonna be for three weeks only.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
pokeyoke_info said:
My return tickets were subject to availability, in other words open tickets as my examination schedule is not fixed, depending on which I had planned my return, But tentatively my stay was gonna be for three weeks only.
With a spouse in Canada, your chances of getting a TRV are rather slim. Your strong ties are not strong enough.

If you want to get a TRV, you must have a fixed return date. No *subject to availability*. No *tentative* thingie. Nothing open ended.

This will bring you back to my suggestion of a must return by XX date.... and you must back this XX must return date with evidence.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
pokeyoke_info said:
So, In other words I need not worry about my Spouse's documents.
Your spouse's documents as the host are fine. Nothing else is required.

Hope you have not used words like *I-want-to-live/stay/reside-in-Canada* or *I miss my spouse/I cannot live without my spouse* in the invitation letter/letter of explanation.

Do your parents and sibling live with you? Are they financially dependent on you?
Is your study course a university-affiliated one? If it is, your exam dates would be fixed

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Thank you all for your inputs. Based on your inputs I guess it's better I apply for a dependent open work permit. Would you advise that method or any other visa that you would suggest. And also the procedure for going about the dependent work visa from India.