+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance/suggestions please

Feb 16, 2021
Dear members of this forum. I hope you are doing well. I need your sincere guidance/suggestions.

I am a Bangladeshi national working and living in Maldives. I met my fiance' (White Canadian) online in July 2019 and I got a TRV on February 2020 based on her invitation letter. I was preparing to visit her but due to sudden and long travel restrictions due to Covid-19 on March 2020, I couldn’t visit her.

i applied again for TRV on May 2021 but it was refused because the visa officer was not convinced that I would leave Canada on/before TRV expires and second reason was not exempting me from travel restrictions.

In August 2021 we had an engagement ceremony in Maldives and all the invited officers and staffs of my organisation were present.

My fiance' wants me to apply for TRV again with intend to get married in Canada. Her parents live in Alberta and she lives in Ontario and both of our parents or siblings can't join our marriage/wedding ceremony in Canada.

My fiance' also wants to apply for inland spousal sponsorship and for open work visa. In that case I have to leave my job in Maldives and I fear that if the inland Spousal Sponsorship application isn't successful then I may not get a good job like the job in Maldives.

Should we get married in Bangladesh and then apply for outland application and don't leave my job in Maldives until I get the PR or should I follow her idea of applying for TRV with intend to marrying in Canada and then Open Work Visa and inland spousal sponsorship application? Or should we go for common law sponsorship application although we lived together 2 weeks in our 2 years of relationship?

We both wants to be with each other as soon as possible because it's really hard for both of us to live apart and she needs my support in taking care of household matters and her 5 years old very active daughter she works.

What do you guys suggests us to do so that we can finally be together faster. I will be really grateful to you guys.

Take care

Last edited: