Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can declare your wife as non-accompanying on your PR application now, but she would still have to have a medical. Since she is pregnant, it is recommended to not have the x-ray. She can do the rest of the medical while pregnant, then do the x-ray after she gives birth. However, this means the application will be put on hold until the x-ray is done - that is, neither of you will be a PR in Canada at the time of birth. Some doctors will do the x-ray with a shield over her abdomen to protect the fetus, but it is really not recommended. IMO, you would save a few months by jeopardizing your child's health.
If you declare her as non-accompanying, and go to Canada yourself, she can apply for a TRV, but there is no guarantee that she will get one. She would have to show strong ties to her home country.

Reactions: Krish08

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
You can declare your wife as non-accompanying on your PR application now, but she would still have to have a medical. Since she is pregnant, it is recommended to not have the x-ray. She can do the rest of the medical while pregnant, then do the x-ray after she gives birth. However, this means the application will be put on hold until the x-ray is done - that is, neither of you will be a PR in Canada at the time of birth. Some doctors will do the x-ray with a shield over her abdomen to protect the fetus, but it is really not recommended. IMO, you would save a few months by jeopardizing your child's health.
If you declare her as non-accompanying, and go to Canada yourself, she can apply for a TRV, but there is no guarantee that she will get one. She would have to show strong ties to her home country.
Thank you so much. That information helps a lot :)

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
My recommendation is to wait till your child is born and apply for PR together. Life will be easier then. Otherwise if you plan to sponsor her later, you will have to wait for at least 6 months to get the application to process. There can be delays from cic due to other reasons too. And granting of TRV is also not guaranteed if you plan to apply for a visitor visa for your wife and child.
Thank you for your suggestion SAJ :)

Pitt1234

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
It's just a sheet that can be worn as a safety from X-Rays. It could be lead, barium sulphate or other material. Talk to your doctor about it.

I think it would be practical to talk to a doctor and time your application accordingly. If possible, go ahead with the application now. Pregnancy cases are quite normal and your application can proceed with regular medicals, minus the Xray. When you are in a position to get Xray done, just update your results. You could always request extension by month at a time for any information CIC requires. At the least you will save 3-4 months of waiting time in this case.

Most importantly, I think you should do some research into insurance and medical costs as a priority.
In Canada, child birth costs could come to as much as 10-20K CAD (without an insurance) and could be "even more" with complications. Although, with the state insurance such as OHIP/MSP, much of this would be covered. If you plan to move to BC or ON, you will need to wait at least 3 months (or more) after landing before you get covered by MSP/OHIP. And your coverage will not start before you get your PR Card. Private insurances will have a number of exclusions in this case (also any non-Canada based insurances should be a strict no for you here as they would rarely reimburse full costs and you will need to pay upfront). This could be a lot of money so plan it accordingly!

Thank you so much for your kind words :)

one doubt reg this, what is this protective shield ? I am not aware of this.

Reactions: Krish08

Krish08

Jun 26, 2017
Hyderabad
Thanks a lot Pitt. I am planning to come via my current organization, which usually takes care of the insurance. Hope that will help me if required.

It's just a sheet that can be worn as a safety from X-Rays. It could be lead, barium sulphate or other material. Talk to your doctor about it.

I think it would be practical to talk to a doctor and time your application accordingly. If possible, go ahead with the application now. Pregnancy cases are quite normal and your application can proceed with regular medicals, minus the Xray. When you are in a position to get Xray done, just update your results. You could always request extension by month at a time for any information CIC requires. At the least you will save 3-4 months of waiting time in this case.

Most importantly, I think you should do some research into insurance and medical costs as a priority.
In Canada, child birth costs could come to as much as 10-20K CAD (without an insurance) and could be "even more" with complications. Although, with the state insurance such as OHIP/MSP, much of this would be covered. If you plan to move to BC or ON, you will need to wait at least 3 months (or more) after landing before you get covered by MSP/OHIP. And your coverage will not start before you get your PR Card. Private insurances will have a number of exclusions in this case (also any non-Canada based insurances should be a strict no for you here as they would rarely reimburse full costs and you will need to pay upfront). This could be a lot of money so plan it accordingly!