+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance on passport query

Geethanjalih

Jan 2, 2021
Hi ,

I have just received my passport after student visa stamping on it, my passport will expire on 8/11/2022, and my course will end on 22/12/2022. I was expecting that they will give visa until October or November of 2022. Unfortunately, they have given visa only for a year, and its expiry date is 31/21/2021

Can I travel to Canada with this visa and apply for a new passport and stamping from Canada?
Or should I get a new passport from India before flying and apply for a visa from Canada?

Its much appreciate if someone can help with this..

Last edited:

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi ,

I have just received my passport after student visa stamping on it, my passport will expire on 8/11/2022, and my course will end on 22/12/2022. I was expecting that they will give visa until October or November of 2022. Unfortunately, they have given visa only for a year, and its expiry date is 31/21/2021

Can I travel to Canada with this visa and apply for a new passport and stamping from Canada?
Or should I get a new passport from India before flying and apply for a visa from Canada?

Its much appreciate if someone can help with this..
Hello,

This is not as serious as you see it to be. You can always renew your Passport and as well extend your SP from within Canada, at least, 3 months to its expiry is an ideal time to seek for a renewal. There are high commissions or embarrassies for respective countries in Canada.

Regards

Geethanjalih

Jan 2, 2021
Hello,

This is not as serious as you see it to be. You can always renew your Passport and as well extend your SP from within Canada, at least, 3 months to its expiry is an ideal time to seek for a renewal. There are high commissions or embarrassies for respective countries in Canada.

Regards
Thanks a lot for your response
but the problem is my visa will expire in 2021 & passport in Nov 2022

Can I apply for passport renewal in October 2021?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thanks a lot for your response
but the problem is my visa will expire in 2021 & passport in Nov 2022

Can I apply for passport renewal in October 2021?
Hello,

The visa appended to your passport only allows you facilitate entry into Canada and/or in the case of leaving.

If your visa expires prior before the completion of your study but your study permits remains valid, you can still continue to study without have any issue.

Prior to you visa expiry, you can decide to renew it at same time with your passport in Canada or you can decide to renew the visa only if you have the intentions to travel outside Canada.

October is a good time to also apply for a renewal but due to certain unprecedented delay, you can apply to renew within 60 - 90 days to its expiry.

Regards