+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance - Minor Study Permit renewal

Sonu17

Oct 26, 2020
Hello Friends,
Need your inputs for my case below with respect to Student Work Permit extension.

I'm a resident of Canada and on valid work permit which is due to expire end of next year, 2021. However our minor child, Visa and Study Permit is due to expire in Feb, 2021. This stems from the fact that my child passport was due to be renewed and hence it doesn't matches our date.

I understand that as per IRCC rule as a student one can continue to study without a study permit as we as parent are on valid work permit. But is there anything that I need to do from my end. I'm bit anxious as his permit and Visa clearly lists the expiry date as Feb, 21.

Thank You

CANVish

Mar 27, 2019
Hello Friends,
Need your inputs for my case below with respect to Student Work Permit extension.

I'm a resident of Canada and on valid work permit which is due to expire end of next year, 2021. However our minor child, Visa and Study Permit is due to expire in Feb, 2021. This stems from the fact that my child passport was due to be renewed and hence it doesn't matches our date.

I understand that as per IRCC rule as a student one can continue to study without a study permit as we as parent are on valid work permit. But is there anything that I need to do from my end. I'm bit anxious as his permit and Visa clearly lists the expiry date as Feb, 21.

Thank You
Yes, you have to renew the passport and study permit for your child before it expires.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends,

Thank You
You need to renew passport asap and either extend study permit or get visitor satus.

Sonu17

Oct 26, 2020
Thank You. I have already renewed the passport.
So I assume that if I extend study permit , TRV is not mandatory.

Mamta26

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Thank You. I have already renewed the passport.
So I assume that if I extend study permit , TRV is not mandatory.
Hi, I am in same situation. Could you please let me know how long does it takes for passport and student visa renewal for your son?