+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance for moving to Toronto

daria.b

Jan 26, 2016
Hi guys,

We're moving to Toronto as PR in June this year and we need some guidance on where it is best to live. We don't have obs yet, so are not bound to a specific location. We rather would like to find a fine neighborhood.

Here is what we are looking for: a calm area with some restaurants, shops, park around. More of an upper-class area. But not a party/student area, like full of bars - not our type of place.
We'd want to be neat public transportation to get around the city easier.

What parts of Toronto would you recommend?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you planning on buying or renting? If buying - in what price range? If renting - what is the monthly rent you would like to be paying and for how many bedrooms?

daria.b

Jan 26, 2016
scylla said:
Are you planning on buying or renting? If buying - in what price range? If renting - what is the monthly rent you would like to be paying and for how many bedrooms?
We're planning to rent in the beginning. As for the price range, don't really know. We currently live in Paris and the rent here is very expensive compared to Toronto. So far the prices I saw for 1-2 bedrooms apartments are really cheap (again, in comparison). Like 1500 CAD sounds good.

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
Hi Daria I'm a realtor with 13 years of experience what you want it'll cost you $1,500 minimum for 1 bedroom it will be in Etobicoke around high park which is along the subway line.
If you like more info please visit alrivas. com or email me al@alrivas.com

sarimraza

May 23, 2012
Daria, my advice is to just book a motel or furnished studio for few days, north york area is the best for you near a metro station like yonge/finch and shepppard/don mills -- then look for apartment once u arrive, u should be able to see about 10 in a week, and then u can make a much better decision, and u will be able to negotiate much better, the 1500 cad they are offering now will fall down to 1200 or below once u throw cash at them -- also there are many folks advertising realty services on this forum for their own benefit, so dont fall into their trap.

tc

ALRIVAS

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-12-1994
sarimraza I'm a Realtor with more than 13 years of experience my service if you research it is absolutely free of charge and there is no trap.
I'm here offering advice and if someone wants my help yes I help and not a dime comes from their pocket.

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Are you wanting to live in the City of Toronto or are you considering areas around the city? I.E. Mississauga, Pickering, Markham, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge.