+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need good law firm info for PR processing under AINP

nafs_r

Feb 24, 2009
Hi,

I came to know that I am eligible to apply for a PR under AINP. I am seriously thinking to start my processing.Can anyone recommend any good law firm? I cam across http://www.canadavisa.com/
How good is it?

Thanks,
Nafisa

strawberry1009

Jul 22, 2008
I do not have any recommendations but i suggest you read through the AINP website first to learn the process and verify for yourself if you do need representation or not. I applied without a lawyer and so far things are going well. If you read through some of the posts you will see that some have spent so much and some have actually been delayed even more because of the representations they got. Research well and do your homework...this preparation could save you time and money in the future.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
Yeah, I dont think using a law firm its the best idea, unless you have special circumstances, like a complicated case, not really enough time to do research or sending papework, you may be off better doing in on your own. I started with a lawyer and its not going any faster, I think they even slow things down, because all the time you lose in sending papers to the mail, and they may take two or three days before sending it out to the Alberta office or things like that.
And that's what I've heard from other people too,that with a lawyer does take longer, so it does seem like a general case. Altho, on the other hand, they do know what they are doing,at least it seem that way so far, they were the ones who told me about this process, whenever I have a question I can relay on them to answer it, not all the answers in here are accurate. But If you have the time and you are used to do things by yourself, you should be fine, save yourself some money and do it on your own, you can find all the info online and through the alberta hotline and the process its not that complicated.
Another good option would be doing the process by yourself, but hiring a lawyer who would give you advice, they wouldn't not do the process for you, but they'd answer your questions. It's not going to be cheap, but I'll be cheaper than letting them do the whole case.
Anyway, if you still want a lawyer, let me know and I'll give you the information about them, they have their offices in Toronto. I did some research and went to visit some, and this one was the one I liked the most.
Remember NO LAWYER SHOULD ASSURE YOU THEY'D GET YOU A VISA, IF THEY DO, THEY ARE LYING. BEWARE OF THESE PEOPLE.

C

cchabert

I read all the info on the Alberta website and send the forms myself here it is my timeline:

My file number is 37x and my NOC is 1111

Pre-Assessment Application Sent - Oct 2, 2008
Email Confirmation Received - Oct 6, 2008
APINP Invitation Pkg Received - Nov 7, 2008
Sent APINP Application - Nov 17, 2008
Tracked thr FedEx online (Delivered) - Nov 18, 2008
Received File Number - Nov 25, 2008
They ask for support document - Jan 8 2009
Date of the nomination letter - Jan 12 2009
Date of the postage - Jan 19 2009
Arrive at home - Jan 24 2009

They never call my employer.

Good Luck!

Como vamos Flori?

chow

Sep 23, 2008
nafs_r said:
Hi,

I came to know that I am eligible to apply for a PR under AINP. I am seriously thinking to start my processing.Can anyone recommend any good law firm? I cam across http://www.canadavisa.com/
How good is it?

Thanks,
Nafisa
Do it yourself......................
Thanks
Chow

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
cchabert said:
I read all the info on the Alberta website and send the forms myself here it is my timeline:

My file number is 37x and my NOC is 1111
They never call my employer.

Good Luck!

Como vamos Flori?
Bien CC, Gracias.
I'm still waiting to receive any news from my lawyer, they send the application for AINP around late December maybe begginings of this year, so hopefully I'd hear something about it early next month.

Flori

Star Member
Sep 18, 2008
meenalv said:
Hi Flori,

Can you e-mail me your law firms contact detail at meenalv.16@gmail.com

Thanks
Sure I will. Just remember, I can't guarantee their services. I'm still on the process, and I don't know them all that well.
So far they've been OK, but I do feel it could be faster if you do it on your own. I don't know where you live, but my best advice also would be, go to Toronto to meet them in person like I did. You shouldn't have a problem visiting Canada as a tourist.