+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need (GET Ielts Band 9 Task 1 writing general & task 2)

Canadream2017

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Guys, BE AWARE! The book's publisher is suspicious and not legit. The publisher claims that it's a 'consultant'.. So this is NOT the actual official Cambridge book. Ahh.. and then, the way the book is written is absolutely rubbish!!! For someone who reads a lot of English written books as well as over 20 IELTS preparation books from official publishers, I can tell you this book is scam and has been written by non-experts!!!!!!!!

I read the book mentioned in this thread "Get IELTS band 9.0" from cover to cover. I can be 100% sure that none of the written 'essays' are band 6.5 to say the least. Not to mention, the 'examiners' notes after each written essay is purely made up.

In addition, the author is clearly a second language learner. That is, how do you expect a non-native English speaker to teach you proper English?

Also, look at the email provided in the 2nd page of the book, it's an 'outlook' email!!! Not even the official 'consultancy' email.

Please avoid avoid this book at all costs. Don't waste your time and energy on this one unless you aim for an entry band.

There are many authentic official books from official well-known publishers out there and are available for free. Invest your time on these and you'll do well!

Good luck!

Last edited:

Popat

Star Member
Apr 24, 2017
Guys, BE AWARE! The book's publisher is suspicious and not legit. The publisher claims that it's a 'consultant'.. So this is NOT the actual official Cambridge book. Ahh.. and then, the way the book is written is absolutely rubbish!!! For someone who reads a lot of English written books as well as over 20 IELTS preparation books from official publishers, I can tell you this book is scam and has been written by non-experts!!!!!!!!

I read the book mentioned in this thread "Get IELTS band 9.0" from cover to cover. I can be 100% sure that none of the written 'essays' are band 6.5 to say the least. Not to mention, the 'examiners' notes after each written essay is purely made up.

In addition, the author is clearly a second language learner. That is, how do you expect a non-native English speaker to teach you proper English?

Also, look at the email provided in the 2nd page of the book, it's an 'outlook' email!!! Not even the official 'consultancy' email.

Please avoid avoid this book at all costs. Don't waste your time and energy on this one unless you aim for an entry band.

There are many authentic official books from official well-known publishers out there and are available for free. Invest your time on these and you'll do well!

Good luck!
LOL. Who are you and me to decide this? Let the people decide if these books are helping them or not in IELTS prep. I don't think this book even claimed on any page that they are official Cambridge book.