+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need for PCC

Sarangi

Feb 12, 2024
Hey everyone, it's been 1500days since my PR, ans imma ready to apply for my citizenship,however, I ve been outta country for 7 months amounting to 150 days stay in India and 90 days stay in Australia, so I wonder, if I need PCC for my citizenship from any of said countries above? Please and ty

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey everyone, it's been 1500days since my PR, ans imma ready to apply for my citizenship,however, I ve been outta country for 7 months amounting to 150 days stay in India and 90 days stay in Australia, so I wonder, if I need PCC for my citizenship from any of said countries above? Please and ty
Is it total 240 days out of canada or you came to Canada and then went to Aus?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes, I were out of Canada for total 240 days, went to India, than went to Australia and came back to Canada.
As per the rule you don't need PCC as you were not in India or Aus for more than 183 continuous days. But IRCC can later ask for PCC if they feel total 240 days out of Canada is more than their comfort level.

Reactions: dpenabill

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I'd go forward and add an explanation letter stating the dates you stayed in both countries, given that IRCC cannot access your travel history between India and Australia, and maybe also add a proof of travel.
As @forw.jane says, that doesn't mean IRCC won't ultimately ask for a PCC, but at least it would justify why you don't need to send one as part of a complete application.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

See the following examples to help you answer this question.

Example 1

You lived in France for one year (365 days) before you became a permanent resident 3 years ago. You did not travel to France after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from France if you did not provide one with your immigration application. If you provided a police certificate from France with your immigration application, tell us this in the box provided at Question 10b.

Example 2

You became a permanent resident 3 years and 9 months ago. In the past 4 years, you lived in Brazil for 3 months (90 days) before you became a permanent resident and you returned to Brazil to visit family for 4 months (120 days) after you became a permanent resident. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from Brazil because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in Brazil.

Example 3

In the past 4 years, you took 10 trips to the United States of America (USA). Each trip lasted 3 weeks, for a total of 210 days. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide a police certificate from the USA because you did not spend 183 days or more in a row in the USA.

Example 4

In the past 4 years, you travelled to Singapore four times for work. The first trip was for 30 days; the second trip was for 200 days; the third trip was for 60 days; and the fourth trip was for 120 days. While in Singapore, you took a trip to Malaysia (10 days) and Thailand (10 days). You would answer “Yes” to the question and you would need to provide a police certificate from Singapore because your second trip was more than 183 days in a row. You would not need to provide police certificates from Malaysia or Thailand.

Example 5

In the past 4 years, you took 1 trip to Europe where you visited Portugal (5 days), Spain (7 days), France (10 days), Belgium (3 days), Netherlands (3 days), Germany (21 days), Switzerland (7 days) and Italy (21 days). You took a second trip to Europe where you visited Ireland (14 days), Scotland (14 days) and England (21 days). You went to Germany for a business trip that lasted 60 days. The total time you were outside of Canada was 186 days but you were not in a single country for 183 days or more in a row. You would answer “No” to the question and you would not need to provide police certificates from any of the countries.