+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED FOR HELP

Gerta

Feb 4, 2019
Hi everyone !
I have a question. I have applied for a visa to Canada, the purpose is to visit my sister. I have done my application online but there is something it didn't match:
On my application form my surname was not written correctly. But the documents inside the application are the correct.
Is there a problem ? Cause I'm waiting for a visa respond from canada ......

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi everyone !
I have a question. I have applied for a visa to Canada, the purpose is to visit my sister. I have done my application online but there is something it didn't match:
On my application form my surname was not written correctly. But the documents inside the application are the correct.
Is there a problem ? Cause I'm waiting for a visa respond from canada ......
Your surname/family name in your TRV application must match the one stated in your passport. If it is not the same then you must email + upload the amended application through the IRCC web form

Gerta

Feb 4, 2019
Bryanna do you mean in the section "report a technical issue"?????. the application is correct, only the "principal applicant" its missing a letter from my surname

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna do you mean in the section "report a technical issue"?????. the application is correct, only the "principal applicant" its missing a letter from my surname
It's like this: The visa office will match the name stated in the application form with the IRCC database. This will generate incorrect results.

The application is NOT correct if any factual information stated is incorrect. The missing letter in your family name is not simply just one missing letter. It could indicate a different identity.

You would want to upload the correct application form + email the same to your local visa office asap