New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

My friend got his work Permit in oil industry from India. He applied through a consultant who is based in Canada. When he reached Alberta, employer told him that he don't have the job anymore due to Oil Industry recession. Employer also took my friend's written exam and told him that he failed in the test and since he could not pass; this is the reason employer can not take him and signed a paper saying he can not keep my friend as he failed the exam.

Now, my friend is having one year work permit from that Oil company. What are his options? Can he still live in the country for a year and look around work elsewhere? Or he has to leave the country as soon as possible?

Can he make any complaint about employer or consultant?

Consultant is Indian and Employer is white Canadian. Apparently Consultant charged him around $10000. What can be the best solution to come out of this situation for my friend..Any suggestion will be appreciable..

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
He can stay but cannot work until he can find another employer to sponsor him and provide the necessary documents and get the work permit....that is way too much money for the consultant....there should be a communication between the employer and consultant when a worker doesn't need anymore then he can look for something else

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cutetwins said:
He can stay but cannot work until he can find another employer to sponsor him and provide the necessary documents and get the work permit....that is way too much money for the consultant....there should be a communication between the employer and consultant when a worker doesn't need anymore then he can look for something else
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated:)