+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarity on IMM5532 part (c) section (3) "Are you together now"

Robis

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Guys..need some help..
I hold a Canadian PR and moved to
Canada last month. I now with to sponsor my wife and kids to join me.
On form 5532(relationship info and sponsorship evaluation), part (C) question (3) asks
"Are you living together now"

My doubt is whether I should answer this as "No" since we are temporarily separated due to my moving to Canada as a PR
or
Should I answer "yes" as we are married and have lived together except when my moving to Canada was imminent. We have been living together prior to my moving to Canada.

In other words, does the question probe the exact present state of being together or separate at this point in time or is it intended to ascertain if we are together as a couple ( which is the case)
I'm a bit confused. The question seems redundant as it's implied we are not living together now since I'm in-Canada applying for a family sponsorship for a family who is out of Canada.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Robin.

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
Hi Guys..need some help..
I hold a Canadian PR and moved to
Canada last month. I now with to sponsor my wife and kids to join me.
On form 5532(relationship info and sponsorship evaluation), part (C) question (3) asks
"Are you living together now"

My doubt is whether I should answer this as "No" since we are temporarily separated due to my moving to Canada as a PR
or
Should I answer "yes" as we are married and have lived together except when my moving to Canada was imminent. We have been living together prior to my moving to Canada.

In other words, does the question probe the exact present state of being together or separate at this point in time or is it intended to ascertain if we are together as a couple ( which is the case)
I'm a bit confused. The question seems redundant as it's implied we are not living together now since I'm in-Canada applying for a family sponsorship for a family who is out of Canada.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Robin.
It asks about if you are physically living together right now so you should answer “No” as you moved to Canada so you are not currently living together. But you can mention in that section about any additional information you wish to share in support of your relationship that you have been living together before and for how long.

Reactions: Robis and ashpash22

Robis

Nov 1, 2017
It asks about if you are physically living together right now so you should answer “No” as you moved to Canada so you are not currently living together. But you can mention in that section about any additional information you wish to share in support of your relationship that you have been living together before and for how long.
Thanks for the heads up..have another doubt..
For making at outland spousal application I need to submit schedule A as part of the application package. What UCI and application number do I use here? She was assigned a UCI number when I applied for my PR and declared her as 'non- accompanying'..do I use the UCI assigned to her back then?
what about the Application number?

Ukrainian girl

Oct 7, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Med's Request
07-03-2018
For the application number you can either leave it blank or put N/A, for the UCI number yes, it would be that UCI number that your spouse was assigned to when you applied for your PR. I read that once you received your UCI it stays with you for life no matter how many different applications you make, that number never changes.

Robis

Nov 1, 2017
For the application number you can either leave it blank or put N/A, for the UCI number yes, it would be that UCI number that your spouse was assigned to when you applied for your PR. I read that once you received your UCI it stays with you for life no matter how many different applications you make, that number never changes.
Thank you Ukranian girl. Ur the best. God bless.

Reactions: Ukrainian girl