+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarification regarding name difference(last name) in ECA and other documents I upload for IRCC

chaitanya512

Sep 20, 2019
India
Category........
Hi All,

I have applied for my ECA through WES. There is a slight difference between the name on degree certificate and the name I provided in the WES personal details. The nature of difference is I believe minor. In my degree certificate the name is "Chaitanya Babu M" and the name I gave in WES application form is "Chaitanya Babu Maddipatla". The difference is only "expansion of my initial to surname". Now, my questions are...

1. Does WES evaluate my credentials without fail?
2. What name does WES display in my ECA document?
3. Does IRCC accept this sort of difference in my name when I apply for EE?
4. If the name difference has to be accepted by IRCC, do I have to produce any legal document while uploading documents? If yes, what is that document?

Can anybody kindly answer these questions?

Thanks in Advance,
Chaitanya

Last edited:

VARSHA_ANOOP

Dec 9, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for my ECA through WES. There is a slight difference between the name on degree certificate and the name I provided in the WES personal details. The nature of difference is I believe minor. In my degree certificate the name is "Chaitanya Babu M" and the name I gave in WES application form is "Chaitanya Babu Maddipatla". The difference is only "expansion of my initial to surname". Now, my questions are...

1. Does WES evaluate my credentials without fail?
2. What name does WES display in my ECA document?
3. Does IRCC accept this sort of difference in my name when I apply for EE?
4. If the name difference has to be accepted by IRCC, do I have to produce any legal document while uploading documents? If yes, what is that document?

Can anybody kindly answer these questions?

Thanks in Advance,
Chaitanya

Hello Chaitanya!

Were you able to figure this out? would you be kind enough to respond as I am also stuck in the same position and did you get your PR?

chaitanya512

Sep 20, 2019
India
Category........
Hello Chaitanya!

Were you able to figure this out? would you be kind enough to respond as I am also stuck in the same position and did you get your PR?
Yes. WES evaluates credentials. WES indicates this difference in name in the ECA report itself.

When you receive ITA and are your applying, you need to provide a letter of explanation along with an affidavit for "One and the same person" which contains these names along with many other versions of your name.

chaitanya512

Sep 20, 2019
India
Category........
Thanks, Chaitanya! Hope you’ve received your ITA! How long did your WES evaluation take?
I got nomination invite from OINP. I applied n waiting for the nomination.

WES took more than 30 days. You need to be in constant touch with them. Otherwise they will delay it. You can use contact us page to get updates from them if you dont see any change in your evaluation.