+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarification Dear expertise !!!

druzzaman

Nov 11, 2013
6. A. Date you became a permanent resident (landed immigrant)?

6. B. When did you first come to live in Canada if different from "A"?

Fact:

A) I first came to Canada in 2006 on Worker Visa to attend a scientific conference and stayed for 2 weeks.
B) I came to Canada in 2009 as a Landed Immigrant and stayed for 3 weeks and went back to the country where I was working. I stayed the country and did pack-up everything, where my job was for about seven months and then left for Canada.
C) I came back to Canada in 2009 again after seven months and still live in Canada.

I need advise about what should be my answer for Question No. 6B.

dlre

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The date on your landing papers would be the date you became a landed immigrant.

6.B. considering the first time you entered Canada was for a conference and not to live, i would put the first time you came as a landed immigrant. Someone correct me if i am wrong the this part.

dav3000

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
druzzaman said:

Fact:

A) I first came to Canada in 2006 on Worker Visa to attend a scientific conference and stayed for 2 weeks.
B) I came to Canada in 2009 as a Landed Immigrant and stayed for 3 weeks and went back to the country where I was working. I stayed the country and did pack-up everything, where my job was for about seven months and then left for Canada.
C) I came back to Canada in 2009 again after seven months and still live in Canada.

The day you became a landed immigrant in this case should also be the first day you came to live in Canada. But as a precaution, contact CIC for confirmation because you did mention you still had a job in your home country and you were away for 7 months. It's best to do this because you don't want anything to trigger an RQ

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
druzzaman said:

Fact:

I came on a worker visa to attend a conferenceand stayed 2 weeks
This doesn't make any sense. When you come on a worker visa you stay for 6 months or 1,2 3 years. In your case I think you came NOT ON A WORKER VISA but on a VISITOR VISA or other kind of visa TO ATTEND A CONFERENCE. that's why u stayed 2 weeks only. Anyways, no matter what kind of visa it is the fact is that in 2006 you spent 2 weeks only in Canada so you didn't come TO LIVE IN CANADA.
In 2009 you came to Canada as an immigrant TO LIVE. You stayed 3 weeks then you took a time off to settle some issues back home, so here is your situation.
The date you became a permanent resident and the date you came to Canada to live is the same (2009) (6A=6B)