+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need certificate for work

mcnitec

Oct 26, 2018
Hey I’m working as an educator in Canada and for that I had to take three classes online to get my certificate. The duration in total is 7 months. Is it ok? Cause usually when u have a work permit you’re not allowed to study unless it’s 6 months or less.
I started those classes usually later and finished earlier but the official transcript duration says 7 months

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hey I’m working as an educator in Canada and for that I had to take three classes online to get my certificate. The duration in total is 7 months. Is it ok? Cause usually when u have a work permit you’re not allowed to study unless it’s 6 months or less.
I started those classes usually later and finished earlier but the official transcript duration says 7 months
It's a violation of the terms of your work permit. So it depends on how much the visa officer cares if you apply for anything in the future.

If any immigration application asks if you've violated the terms of your admission to Canada or your visa, you have to say yes - since the transcripts say seven months.

mcnitec

Oct 26, 2018
Even it’s online?
It's a violation of the terms of your work permit. So it depends on how much the visa officer cares if you apply for anything in the future.

If any immigration application asks if you've violated the terms of your admission to Canada or your visa, you have to say yes - since the transcripts say seven months.

mcnitec

Oct 26, 2018
Well now I’m screwed. Because I started later and finished earlier that’s why I thought it’s ok. But in the official online transcript it says 7 months in total for all the three classes
Thank you

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Well now I’m screwed. Because I started later and finished earlier that’s why I thought it’s ok. But in the official online transcript it says 7 months in total for all the three classes
Thank you
You're not screwed until your application is refused. Like I said, it depends on how the visa officer interprets everything.

Reactions: mcnitec