+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Assistance

ont-man

Feb 11, 2010
Hi Team,

I have two simple questions:

1- For how long does a spouse sponsor visa refuse from Islamabad (let's say fake marriage and/or some other papers); I read somewhere for 2 year; is this true? Also, is it from the date of final decision or the date when application was submitted?

2- Can someone get me contact info of couple of good/honest Immigration attorneys in Toronto area; I have lost big bucks $$ in tha past hiring some crooked ones and want to hire with some reference this time.

Thanks, Ont-man

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
In my honest opinion......

Almost all immigration consultants are $$$$$ so unless you have money to waste (which some people do) I would recommend trying to do it on your own. If you stick around here, do your research, ask questions. you could pretty much do a better job!

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
One word to mention about lawyers. I remember speaking to an immigration officer at the border when I was getting my visitor visa. He casually asked us (my husband and I) if we were using a lawyer for the immigration process, and we told him we weren't. He said that that was a good thing, because he has known people whom have used the excuse "but my lawyer told me this" and they have honestly had to turn people away, saying, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but your lawyer was wrong" Lawyers are human, too, and paying more money might not necessarily get it done any better, and certainly not any faster.

Ont-man, I am not sure I quite understand your first question. Are you saying you had an application that was refused and you want to know how long it will be until you can re-submit? You might be able to appeal if it was an outland app.

ont-man

Feb 11, 2010
BlueDragon17846 ,

Let's say I don't take the appeal venue then how long I have to wait to reapply in Islamabad. Also, how the time counts; from the day the application was denied or it was submitted? Thank,

Ont-man

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ont-man said:
BlueDragon17846 ,

Let's say I don't take the appeal venue then how long I have to wait to reapply in Islamabad. Also, how the time counts; from the day the application was denied or it was submitted? Thank,

Ont-man
2 years from the date of refusal.

PMM

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

2 years from the date of refusal.

PMM
So after a refusal, you cannot just resubmit another application?
Like say you apply inland, get refused, and wait to apply outland, you still have to wait 2 years?
I was under the assumption that if you were able to fix the problem they were concerned about that you could reapply when you were ready and could prove that you have fixed whatever they were concerned about.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
PMM is a senior member, actually a VIP member with 7 stars (look under the name). 2 years sounds about right. I have also heard elsewhere that you cannot immediately apply for another app once you have one that is refused.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ont-man said:
ColorMePanda got a point; can some senior member shed some lights on it?
If an application is refused for misrepresentation overseas, then you can not apply for 2 years from the date of the refusal. False documents/statements are misrepresentation. The second post is different, an application in Canada is not really refused, CIC just refuses to process it, so the applicant then has to leave or is removed from Canada. They can immediately submit a new sponsorship/application overseas. But don't expect an easy ride if the in-Canada application involved misrepresentation, as the overseas office will go over the application and sponsorship with a fine toothed comb.

PMM

ColorMePanda

Sep 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much PMM for clearing that up.
Your advice is always wonderful and helpful.