+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need any good Lawyer services for PGWP extension. mistake in pgwp. need help

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hi everyone,
I just need to discuss my case with a lawyer, there seems to be a mistake in my PGWP. I attached two passports while applying for the pgwp online.
PASSPORT A "XXXXXXX" expiring in march 2016 (it has previous stamps and visas)
PASSPORT B "YYYYYYY" expiring in 2025
Now the PGWP given to me is until march 2016. and has a remark that "client eligible for 3 year PGWP. RESTRICTED to passport expiry

However, interesting it may sound, the passport number written on my PGWP is the one for PASSPORT B" YYYYYYY". which is expiring in 2025.

some people advised me to apply for extension. but considering the cases on this forum, i would rather go for a lawyer's help. cuz i don't want to wait for another 4 months with a result stating"there was a mistake, and the passport number is already written correctly on your pgwp bla bla...

please give me contact info of any good lawyer. i live in ottawa. i would appreciate if i could find any one here in ottawa. otherwise i can travel to nearby cities for this.

Regards,

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
I'm also in search of a lawyer. By the way, I had asked CIC agent on CIC's toll free number. They said I cannot reapply cuz PGWP is only one time. I don't know what to do

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
By the way, my case is this
I had completed two years of study, each year from a separate but recognized college in Canada and was totally eligible for three years work permit. But, I was shocked to see that I just got one year work permit after having invested so much money into education. This is such an unfair decision from CIC. Don't know what to do.
I called on CIC toll free number and they put up a note to the visa processing centre for them to reconsider the decision. They said I need to wait. Not sure when CIC will reply

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
msatishxp said:
I had completed two years of study, each year from a separate but recognized college in Canada and was totally eligible for three years work permit. But, I was shocked to see that I just got one year work permit after having invested so much money into education. This is such an unfair decision from CIC. Don't know what to do.
I called on CIC toll free number and they put up a note to the visa processing centre for them to reconsider the decision. They said I need to wait. Not sure when CIC will reply
Hi sorry to hear that, actually my case is bit different. i would say try getting the job or P.R before your pgwp expires. or try sending them case specific enquiry. may be it would help. and hopefully you get 3 year permit soon.

my case is bit different. i received a work permit stating that i am eligible for 3 years. but it is restricted to 2 months because of my passport expiration date. however my passport is expiring in 2025. Jubear suggested me to reapply. but i am not willing to reapply. very tensed. as I have just 10 to 15 days to reapply.

need help.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
numair728 said:
Hi everyone,
I just need to discuss my case with a lawyer, there seems to be a mistake in my PGWP. I attached two passports while applying for the pgwp online.
PASSPORT A "XXXXXXX" expiring in march 2016 (it has previous stamps and visas)
PASSPORT B "YYYYYYY" expiring in 2025
Now the PGWP given to me is until march 2016. and has a remark that "client eligible for 3 year PGWP. RESTRICTED to passport expiry

However, interesting it may sound, the passport number written on my PGWP is the one for PASSPORT B" YYYYYYY". which is expiring in 2025.

some people advised me to apply for extension. but considering the cases on this forum, i would rather go for a lawyer's help. cuz i don't want to wait for another 4 months with a result stating"there was a mistake, and the passport number is already written correctly on your pgwp bla bla...

please give me contact info of any good lawyer. i live in ottawa. i would appreciate if i could find any one here in ottawa. otherwise i can travel to nearby cities for this.

Regards,
The problem is you don't have Visa in your new passport so WP can't be longer than valid visa.

But they did a mistake using the new passport number.

I don't think you need a lawyer, but I'm not a expert.

I'm assuming you're from a country which need valid visa, so you need to obtain a valid visa for your new passport ASAP.

After that you can apply for a PGWP extension up to the maximum 3 yeare

mahi0204

Jan 11, 2016
best option is to do flagpolling, saves lot of time...as you already have remark that you are eligible for 3 year permit, no trouble for you. go to the border and extend your visa. your case is simple, don't need a lawyer at all.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
numair728 said:
Hi sorry to hear that, actually my case is bit different. i would say try getting the job or P.R before your pgwp expires. or try sending them case specific enquiry. may be it would help. and hopefully you get 3 year permit soon.

my case is bit different. i received a work permit stating that i am eligible for 3 years. but it is restricted to 2 months because of my passport expiration date. however my passport is expiring in 2025. Jubear suggested me to reapply. but i am not willing to reapply. very tensed. as I have just 10 to 15 days to reapply.

need help.
Numair728,

The advice I gave you was before you had received communication from CIC. Its up to you to consider flagpoling which is quick and easy actually as Mahi0204 pointed out. I'm surprised that since Jan 17, 2016 you are still wasting too much time stressing and over thinking. We are only here to guide you, but not to make decisions for you. You will have to make up your mind sooner rather than later. By the way don't be surprised if border officers refuse to process your PGWP extension since you originally applied online. They might advise you to extend through CIC.

Yours is the simplest of cases I've seen in comparison to people who really need lawyers. However, if getting a lawyer makes you feel good and secure, then make sure s/he submits an application before your short-term PGWP expires; and the same goes for applying by paper or flagpoling.

Lastly, getting a lawyer doesn't mean anything to CIC. A lawyer is simply a paid representative arguing your case and his/her assistance doesn't expedite the processing of your PGWP. Therefore, you might still wait for 4-6 months just like everybody else. Your future in Canada is in your hands and the onus to apply with valid status and all required documents is on you.

Cheers and good luck!

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
jubear said:
Numair728,

The advice I gave you was before you had received communication from CIC. Its up to you to consider flagpoling which is quick and easy actually as Mahi0204 pointed out. I'm surprised that since Jan 17, 2016 you are still wasting too much time stressing and over thinking. We are only here to guide you, but not to make decisions for you. You will have to make up your mind sooner rather than later. By the way don't be surprised if border officers refuse to process your PGWP extension since you originally applied online. They might advise you to extend through CIC.

Yours is the simplest of cases I've seen in comparison to people who really need lawyers. However, if getting a lawyer makes you feel good and secure, then make sure s/he submits an application before your short-term PGWP expires; and the same goes for applying by paper or flagpoling.

Lastly, getting a lawyer doesn't mean anything to CIC. A lawyer is simply a paid representative arguing your case and his/her assistance doesn't expedite the processing of your PGWP. Therefore, you might still wait for 4-6 months just like everybody else. Your future in Canada is in your hands and the onus to apply with valid status and all required documents is on you.

Cheers and good luck!
Thank you Jubear,

Actually, i am just considering my options. cuz i am afraid of going into the implied status. i finished graduation in august. it is very hard to convince employers that on implied status i am eligible to work in Canada.

i went to the international office at my university. since there is an immigration consultant who helps students regarding immigration matters. she told me to bring the same documents which you advised me to collect. but the only difference is that she said there are some points which we can "override" in the online system to make it work and apply for pgwp again online. in reply, i told her what you told me. she said bring in your application and we can do it from university. i am not sure who wrote on forum, but there was a guy who put his post, stating that he received his pgwp until january 4, 2016 cuz his passport was expiring. even though he sent his new passport during application was in process but they did not consider that. and he received his permit just a week before january 4 this year. hence he went to lawyer and received his work permit on next day after getting a call from immigration officer to walk in a get the permit.

not sure whose post was that or what is the name of that lawyer.

Regards,

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
mahi0204 said:
best option is to do flagpolling, saves lot of time...as you already have remark that you are eligible for 3 year permit, no trouble for you. go to the border and extend your visa. your case is simple, don't need a lawyer at all.
thank you mahi0204

diamondxxx

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August-27-2015
Nomination.....
August-13-2015
AOR Received.
November-20-2015
Med's Request
June-1-2016
Med's Done....
June-27-2016
Passport Req..
Dec-8-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec-13-2016
LANDED..........
Dec-17-2016
Gregor.Samsa said:
The problem is you don't have Visa in your new passport so WP can't be longer than valid visa.

But they did a mistake using the new passport number.

I don't think you need a lawyer, but I'm not a expert.

I'm assuming you're from a country which need valid visa, so you need to obtain a valid visa for your new passport ASAP.

After that you can apply for a PGWP extension up to the maximum 3 yeare
You my friend just gave the biggest bull of the year. Your visa depends on your permit not vice versa .

Nbody1

Feb 4, 2016
Hi Numair 728

I think your best option for the Correction or The Extension for PGWP is to flagpole
If You are Issued the PGWP untill the expiry of your Passport, then your ashould definitively get the extension for the remaining time

So you should flagpole and Tell the Immigration officer about the error and request him to extend your PGWP

Its not guaranteed that you will get an extension at boarder, but there is a good chance that you might get it.

vanessa920124

Feb 18, 2016
msatishxp said:
HI cic reconsidered my case too, have you heard back from them? how long does reconsideration roughly takes? thanks!

Jetrocker

Jul 30, 2013
Hey, I haven't heard back from CIC. Not sure how much time does CIC take to reconsider. I'm waiting since a month. How about u?

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
I sent a paper application for the extension of PGWP. meanwhile, I also sent another paper application (just one page application) to discard my previous application for correction. since pgwp extension application is already on its way. I havent received anything yet from cic. i hope cic wont make mess this time.