Jimmy 2k

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2020
Just to add, if you currently have criminal proceedings against you in India, you are probably criminally inadmissible to Canada as well. You can’t flee to Canada and claim asylum because there are legal proceedings against you. The Indian courts can petition Canada to return you to face trail as the is an extradition treaty between to two countries.
IRCC is well aware of notorious indian 498a law(over 90% of these cases are false-lies or exaggeration).
Whats criminal in India may/may not be crime in Canada, definitely not to the extent of extradition.

with that said:
just having a 498a case against OP is not a basis for asylum

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I am not expert with my words but yes we do have fear of persecution because of 498a case. Which is very serious in India and you can't relocate in India they will find us.
Fear of prosecution isn't the same as fear of persecution.

Regardless, consult an immigration attorney if you want to get an expert opinion. Most people here feel that your case isn't one that warrants refugee protection.

Reactions: visatest

fatherhelp

May 8, 2019
IRCC is well aware of notorious indian 498a law(over 90% of these cases are false-lies or exaggeration).
Whats criminal in India may/may not be crime in Canada, definitely not to the extent of extradition.

with that said:
just having a 498a case against OP is not a basis for asylum
Thank you for clearing that part. My case is very similar. She bribes the police officers to make a false report against me. Police is with her. I have proofs but to proove myself will take many years because of long dates and during that time I have to live in fear and whenever she wants she goes to police bribes them and make false statement and police comes to harras us and want to arrest me. I live in continues fear. people mention that we need to look into inflight option. That looks good in books when it comes to real living its hard now. It's not easy to make new ID (adhar card) with everything being computerized and police is with her and they can easily find us.

Last edited: