+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advise !!!

Sarah dhanoa

Aug 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi Everyone,

I need your suggestion. I appeared in IELTS on 23rd Jan and had issues during listening exam. I filed test day complaint and got a reply back from institute with a resolution to re-appear in listening test . I replied back and agreed to it. They called me back to reassure and verified that my result will be on hold untill next result day which will be March 5th , which was fine for me. My next test date is on 20th feb. I still can't see my result online but I received my test results in mail today . I still have confirmation of listening test on 20th feb.

Do you guys think they sent the results to me by mistake and should I call them and verify about it ? I need 8+ in listening and my current result is : L - 7.5 , W- 7 , S - 8, R - 9 .. Overall 8

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you should definitely contact them with this issue unless you are happy with the score

honeybee2017

Jul 14, 2017
Hi Sarah,

I came across your post while searching for someone with a similar problem. I appeared for the IELTS exam last week, and while I felt it went well for the most part, I had challenges with the sound quality in the listening test. Although it was tested multiple times before proceeding, once the cd started, it was obvious the quality was not that great and there were some amount of echoing, which made it difficult to hear the conversations clearly. There were no headsets provided, audio was played only from a radio, with no additional speakers in the room. I completed the Test Day Complaint Form, but have not heard anything affirmative from the Test Centre. They advised that they are awaiting instructions from the British Council.

If possible, could you elaborate more on the nature of your complaint at that time and how soon was a decision taken? Also, did others at your test centre appear to have challenges on the day you complained?

Thanks for any feedback you can give.

FastTrackIELTS

Star Member
May 20, 2017
I'm sorry to hear about that Honeybee.

I would recommend following up with the test centre both over the telephone and through email for confirmation of when you should expect a response. You could also contact the British Council directly to get their advice.