+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advise... Very confused!! - Asivad any further inputs??

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Seniors,

I need some advise from you. Here is my situation:

I received my express entry AOR on Sept 18. My parents have fixed my wedding on Jan 28, 2016 in India. The girl I am going to get married is working in Canada and is an indian citizen too. My dilemma is what would happen if I get my PPR before I leave for India. Should I tell CIC when I receive my PPR that I am getting married soon? What will happen in that case?

Also, what documents would CIC need after I get married? Will the wedding delay my process? If I get my landing done before i get married then can I enter canada with my spouse? In that case what documents would i need to show CBSA?

Too many things running in my mind. Please advise, should I stick with the plan or should I tell my parents to postpone by wedding and by how much time if need be?

Please seniors need your help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Zawa

Jul 21, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
10-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-22-2015
Re: Need Advise... Very confused!!

HI
you can call cic and ask for advise about it :)
Best of luck :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

If you get your PPR before you get married, delay 'landing' in Canada till your spouse is added to your application. Else they won't be able to get PR status along with you. To add your spouse to your application, send a notification to them about your marriage AFTER you are married along with all supporting documentation. Use the CSE route to do this. Ensure that your medicals and passport are still valid for a while.

If you don't get your PPR before you get married, add your spouse to the application soon as you get married.

Congratulations btw. :)

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Asivad Anac said:
If you get your PPR before you get married, delay 'landing' in Canada till your spouse is added to your application. Else they won't be able to get PR status along with you. To add your spouse to your application, send a notification to them about your marriage AFTER you are married along with all supporting documentation. Use the CSE route to do this. Ensure that your medicals and passport are still valid for a while.

If you don't get your PPR before you get married, add your spouse to the application soon as you get married.

Congratulations btw. :)
Thank you Asivad. Any idea how apprx. how long would CIC take to add her in my application? As I won't get too many days off from work. What if I land with her but they have not added her to my application? Will they refuse us entry or cancel the PR? Please advise.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

pkumthek said:
Thank you Asivad. Any idea how apprx. how long would CIC take to add her in my application? As I won't get too many days off from work. What if I land with her but they have not added her to my application? Will they refuse us entry or cancel the PR? Please advise.
Shouldn't take very long, typical turnaround time for CSE is 4 weeks or less.

If you land without adding them to your application, they won't get PR status along with you and their current status in Canada will continue unchanged.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thanks again Asivad. If I complete my landing before going to India then can I get the travel document from India ? Any idea how long it would take to get that document to enter in Canada?

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Asivad, any comments?

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone? Can you please provide some inputs on my question - If I complete my landing before going to India then can I get the travel document from India ? Any idea how long it would take to get that document to enter in Canada?