+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise please...Medical for Non-accompanying dependant

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Hello Mumai Fort,
this morning I received this email from CIO Sydney:

Your request will be reviewed and you will be contacted in due course.

I sent the inquiry email on 17 October and I got this reply today......

what is the news with you?
I hope everything is good with you,
best of luck

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
Hello Mumai Fort,

best of luck

Hi tarik!
I have sent my first email in CIO sydney instead of OTTAWA, took me a month before I realized my mistake, I tgen sent a second email in OTTAWA. 2 months grace period is almost done for medical. I got my daughter to undergo her medical the other day Thanks God:) Best gift I had for christmas.

PMicah

Apr 6, 2015
Hi Tarik Hi Mumay,

May I know what happened next with your case? We have the same case. They were hiding my kid from me, so it is really impossible to undergo medical exam for my non-accompanying kid.

hope I can get ideas from you.

Thank you.

REGINA SK

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SIDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 2 , 2015
Doc's Request.
JANUARY 27 , 2016
Nomination.....
DECEMBER 18 ,2014
AOR Received.
OCTOBER 19 , 2015
IELTS Request
SENT WITH SINP
Med's Request
MARCH 4 , 2016
Med's Done....
MARCH9 2016 & MARCH17,2016
Passport Req..
PPR MAIL May 27,2016
VISA ISSUED...
COPR RECEIVED June 2 , 2016
tarik34 said:
Hello Mumai Fort,

best of luck

HI Tarik and Mummay , i am now in same situation, acctually my husband has daughter in backhome. she is with her mom, who is my husbands ex . i am now waiting for medical request, so i dont know what his daughters mom will do , but what happened with you if you didnt get dependants medical. did u get pr or they refuse it . tnx

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! I know someone out there has the case as I was before... having a dependant not in your custody can really stressful at times. I know, I have been there.
Just by writing a letter to CIO wouldn't change anything, I only got one response from them , " we will review your case" , then shortly after that I was sent an email. They need my dependant's medical...i was advise to drop her on my application, but for me that just means I'm turning my back on her which will never ever happen. I did some research as to where medical clinic locations from homeland will be, called them, asked for the earliest appointment I can make, asked for requirements Note: I asked them what if I dont have the passport? Person on the other line said, it is okay just as long as she/he has identification and the proof of medical request, jot down the name of the person. I asked my mom and bro to visit my daughter (her Daddy's house) on the day of the appointment, they dont have any clue, not yet.. as they where travelling, I told my bro if he sees her school i.d just take it, without hesitation he did, no one noticed. My mom said they will take my daughter out for bonding and lunch, her dad agreed. Now, I told my brother to go to the location. When they were at the parking lot I told my mom what's happening, she's nervous but I told her to calm down. They checked in, look for the front desk and told them they are there for an appointment. They asked for my daughters passport, my mom dont have it, so she called voice trembling...I spoke with the front desk officer. I told him what I was told when I made the appointment, at the time being I was sending him a copy my my I.D's and reference number. They let her in. Medical was done in an hour or so... got my residency after 4 months. My daughter is still in her Dad's custody, she is a resident but have no clue for now. In 2 years, I am hoping to bring her here.

Please don't lose hope. There is always a way even if you think there's none. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of service.

shahmiyaa

Sep 28, 2016
Hi Tarik and Mumay,

May I know how your case progressed? We have the same case. My husband has a minor daughter from his earlier marriage. He has approached court for custody document find is likely to get one. But the ex has refused to send the child for medical. I'm asked to provide evidence of my husband's attempts to convince the ex to send the child. Not sure how I can price this. Anyhow is really impossible to undergo medical exam for my non-accompanying step child.

Hope I can get ideas from you.

Thank you

huongsask

Sep 3, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
16-05-2018
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
09-05-2017
Med's Request
25-05-2018
Med's Done....
06-06-2018 - Passed after 3 days
Interview........
None
shahmiyaa said:
Hi Tarik and Mumay,

May I know how your case progressed? We have the same case. My husband has a minor daughter from his earlier marriage. He has approached court for custody document find is likely to get one. But the ex has refused to send the child for medical. I'm asked to provide evidence of my husband's attempts to convince the ex to send the child. Not sure how I can price this. Anyhow is really impossible to undergo medical exam for my non-accompanying step child.

Hope I can get ideas from you.

Thank you
Hi, I have the similar case like you but my step-child (my husband's daughter) is accompanying with us. My husband got sole custody right from the my homeland court.

However, we prepared the letter that her mother (my husband's ex) awared this and agreed her to go with us to canada for precidency (with her signature).

Anyone knows that they will request this letter in the time of Province nomination or later at CIC stage? I am Still in province nomination stage.

Sandra80

Star Member
Jan 25, 2016
The notarized letter alone does not suffice anymore.

You need that letter plus proof that you do not have custody and also send in translated copy of all attempts you made to convince your ex to have your child do the medical

shahmiyaa

Sep 28, 2016
Do you mind sharing what proofs you have submitted? What was the decision on your case and how long did it take for processing? This information would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

ns2014

Sep 12, 2014
I am in the same boat. I submitted emails, letters of request for medical of my daughter to my ex. But she hasn't responded to any of these. CIC has come back and asked for medical or provide evidence of effort. Not sure what else I could provide. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

munimisu

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
ns2014 said:
I am in the same boat. I submitted emails, letters of request for medical of my daughter to my ex. But she hasn't responded to any of these. CIC has come back and asked for medical or provide evidence of effort. Not sure what else I could provide. Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Did you manage to provide proof of efforts? What do they consider as proof of efforts? Im in same situation as you :(

ns2014

Sep 12, 2014
I just got reply today and they have asked again for medical. There is no acknowledgement of the efforts submission made early. I am really unsure how to proceed. Does anyone has any suggestions.

shahmiyaa

Sep 28, 2016
ns2014 said:
I just got reply today and they have asked again for medical. There is no acknowledgement of the efforts submission made early. I am really unsure how to proceed. Does anyone has any suggestions.
Try to move an urgent petition in family court asking for/relinquishing child custody under Guardian and wards act. This is a valuable document.