+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise please...Medical for Non-accompanying dependant

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody, Im in a great deal of stress right now, I hope someone out there can help me sort out things.., I am divorce under canadian law, I have a child back home, I declared her as Non-accompanying because of custody. I got my medical request last week, she got one too. I have tried everything that I can to convince her dad, but he's firm said NO. Im lost for words, tried calling CIC a million times but to my luck haven't talked to anyone yet. I don't know what to do now..im thinking just to write a letter then fax it to CIC but I dont know if that'll work...

Thanks in advance..

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Hello,
I have exactly the same situation. Up to now ,I did not get any reply from CIC. I will share with you my case and the steps that I follow based on the help of some kind members in this forum. I will copy and paste all the conversations that I have in this forum.And I will share with you what will happen to me .Also , can you share with me please what will happen to you?

Hi everyone,
I need your help please with my situation:
The CIC is requesting the medical for my step-child who is living with his father,
I declare him as a non-accompanying dependent .I was not expecting that they will ask for his medical .
And, I have to declare him otherwise it will be a misrepresentation .Anyway, What I want to say here:
my step-child is living with his father and he will not let him do the medical...Can you help me please with any solution?
Thanks so much

Non accompanying dependents still need to complete a medical. This shouldn't have been a surprised to youYou will have to send a letter to CIC explaining that
the father refuses to allow the child to do the medical.
You should provide a letter or email from the father where
he states that he will not take the child for the medical.
If the father has sole custody of the child, you should provide the court documents that prove this. When you write to CIC, you should also say that you understand that by failing to do this medical, you understand that the child will no longer
be classified as a member of your family and can never be sponsored by you in the future.

last week I sent an email to inform the Centralized Intake Office by e-mail at CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca that I can not do the medical of my step-child because his father did not allow him to do that .I attached the notarized translated custody plus a copy of the original one and a notarized letter that I can not sponsor him in the future. I did not receive anything from them .And ,it still does not show on my ecas medical received ,I did mine and my wife did as well.
Do I need to send it via mail or the email is enough?

Send the documents by courier to the visa office processing your application.

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
You can check this link, it is easier to understand the conversation:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-for-my-stepchild-need-help-please-t243072.0.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mumay fort said:
Hi everybody, Im in a great deal of stress right now, I hope someone out there can help me sort out things.., I am divorce under canadian law, I have a child back home, I declared her as Non-accompanying because of custody. I got my medical request last week, she got one too. I have tried everything that I can to convince her dad, but he's firm said NO. Im lost for words, tried calling CIC a million times but to my luck haven't talked to anyone yet. I don't know what to do now..im thinking just to write a letter then fax it to CIC but I dont know if that'll work...

Thanks in advance..
Hi

Just writing a letter will not work.

At the very least, you will need a notarized letter explaining that you understand that by not having the medical, your child will be forever excluded from the Family Class and you will be unable to sponsor her in future. If the father has sole custody, submit the custody papers to show that. If you can document the father's refusal for her to have to medical in writing, include that as well.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

Just writing a letter will not work.

At the very least, you will need a notarized letter explaining that you understand that by not having the medical, your child will be forever excluded from the Family Class and you will be unable to sponsor her in future. If the father has sole custody, submit the custody papers to show that. If you can document the father's refusal for her to have to medical in writing, include that as well.

Thank you for your response... I called CIC this morning he said I need to mail OTTAWA regarding this matter, they'll be able to tell me what to do next.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
Hello,
I have exactly the same situation. Up to now ,I did not get any reply from CIC. I will share with you my case and the steps that I follow based on the help of some kind members in this forum. I will copy and paste all the conversations that I have in this forum.And I will share with you what will happen to me .Also , can you share with me please what will happen to you?

Hi everyone,
The CIC is requesting the medical for my step-child who is living with his father,
I declare him as a non-accompanying dependent .I was not expecting that they will ask for his medical .
And, I have to declare him otherwise it will be a misrepresentation .Anyway, What I want to say here:
my step-child is living with his father and he will not let him do the medical...Can you help me please with any solution?
Thanks so much

Non accompanying dependents still need to complete a medical. This shouldn't have been a surprised to youYou will have to send a letter to CIC explaining that
If the father has sole custody of the child, you should provide the court documents that prove this. When you write to CIC, you should also say that you understand that by failing to do this medical, you understand that the child will no longer
be classified as a member of your family and can never be sponsored by you in the future.

last week I sent an email to inform the Centralized Intake Office by e-mail at CIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca that I can not do the medical of my step-child because his father did not allow him to do that .I attached the notarized translated custody plus a copy of the original one and a notarized letter that I can not sponsor him in the future. I did not receive anything from them .And ,it still does not show on my ecas medical received ,I did mine and my wife did as well.

Thank you tarik...i will give you an update, I'm worried cause I don't have custody paper or all I have right now is my divorce paper and my dad's statement, should I go back home to settle this? Im afraid im not gonna be able to come back here..

I hope everything works out for both of us.
Goodluck

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
Hello,

Hi everyone,
Thanks so much

Hi Tarik have you heard anything yet from your inquiry?

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Hi Mumay Fort,
I did not get any answer. When I check on ECAS there is no update. It does not show that the medical is received even if I did my medical long time .
Do you have any news?

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
Hi Mumay Fort,
I did not get any answer. When I check on ECAS there is no update. It does not show that the medical is received even if I did my medical long time .
Do you have any news?
Hi tarik! Did you send an email? And a letter? How long ago did you send it? How long have you been waiting? It says on their site that response is within 30 working days.. I don't have response yet, I did my medical last week. Im hoping response won't be that long...i hope you get your response

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Hi Mumay Fort,
I sent the email on 17 October and the letter a week after. Still , there is no answer. And , no update on my ECAS.

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
Hi Mumay Fort,
I sent the email on 17 October and the letter a week after. Still , there is no answer. And , no update on my ECAS.

Hey bud! Have you got any news? I haven't got any response too.. im worried now, tried to call CIO many times, but to no avail.
i hope at this time you have got your answer, and ECAS updated. GODBLESS!

tarik34

Sep 6, 2012
Hi
Still the same , no news .
I am thinking of ordering GCMS Notes.
I wish everything will be fine for both of us, keep positive .....Good news coming soon.......

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tarik34 said:
Hi
Still the same , no news .
I am thinking of ordering GCMS Notes.
I wish everything will be fine for both of us, keep positive .....Good news coming soon.......
I know but how can you stop thinking bout it right? We're almost
there, yet so far...Anyways I will try not to think about it much. What is GCMS Notes? If you don't mind.
Thank you

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
tarik34 said:
Hello Mumay Fort,

Don't worry about any of this. There are plenty of people both on this thread and countrywide who have been through this. I have two dependents in the same situation. I conferred with two local immigration attorneys here in BC who advised that you will need to submit a notarized letter as described above, declaring your understanding that you cannot sponsor them in the future.

The claim that you can never in the future sponsor your children while a little dramatic, at present is true. However, if you examine anything about Canadian immigration law is that is in constant evolution. Old streams are discontinued and new streams become available on an almost annual basis. You never know what the future holds and you may have the opportunity to sponsor an adult child in the future. Unfortunately, it is not presently possible.

The submitted notarized letter will eventually waive the need for a Medical Exam, Police Certificate and application fee.

In our circumstance, I had drafted the letter and notarized it in order to waive requirements of my two non-accompanying dependents. Soon after, they actually came to Canada for a visit so I arranged for the Police Certificates and Medical Exams while they were visiting.

After we completed and submitted these requirements for them, we received a letter from CIC about a month before the final approval of our PR application advising us that we did not need to submit a Medical or Police Certificate for non-accompanying dependents. They noted we had submitted these for them but had ticked "non-accompanying" on their part of our application. They asked would we please clarify this contradiction.

I should also note that at the time of final approval, both of my dependents were in the 18-21 year old category as "adult dependents" (which you probably know that the age cap has been now lowered from <22 to <19 years of age).

In our case, since the CIC went to the trouble to put our application on hold to confirm their non-accompanying status, I went ahead and modified their application as "accompanying" and they were issued the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) letters with my wife and I about a month later. One dependent decided to use it and land and the other did not. In the end, it was their choice.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: mumay fort

mumay fort

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hfinkel said:
Hello Mumay Fort,

Don't worry about any of this. There are plenty of people both on this thread and countrywide who have been through this. I have two dependents in the same situation. I conferred with two local immigration attorneys here in BC who advised that you will need to submit a notarized letter as described above, declaring your understanding that you cannot sponsor them in the future.

The claim that you can never in the future sponsor your children while a little dramatic, at present is true. However, if you examine anything about Canadian immigration law is that is in constant evolution. Old streams are discontinued and new streams become available on an almost annual basis. You never know what the future holds and you may have the opportunity to sponsor an adult child in the future. Unfortunately, it is not presently possible.

The submitted notarized letter will eventually waive the need for a Medical Exam, Police Certificate and application fee.

In our circumstance, I had drafted the letter and notarized it in order to waive requirements of my two non-accompanying dependents. Soon after, they actually came to Canada for a visit so I arranged for the Police Certificates and Medical Exams while they were visiting.

After we completed and submitted these requirements for them, we received a letter from CIC about a month before the final approval of our PR application advising us that we did not need to submit a Medical or Police Certificate for non-accompanying dependents. They noted we had submitted these for them but had ticked "non-accompanying" on their part of our application. They asked would we please clarify this contradiction.

I should also note that at the time of final approval, both of my dependents were in the 18-21 year old category as "adult dependents" (which you probably know that the age cap has been now lowered from <22 to <19 years of age).

In our case, since the CIC went to the trouble to put our application on hold to confirm their non-accompanying status, I went ahead and modified their application as "accompanying" and they were issued the COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residency) letters with my wife and I about a month later. One dependent decided to use it and land and the other did not. In the end, it was their choice.

I hope this helps.
Thank you so much for the input and for sharing your experience, I really appreciate it . I have been waiting for a positive answer bout this matter. As of now, I am still waiting for the response of my letter from the CIC. I hope it'll come soon. God bless you! Thank you so much!