+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise on a bit tricky situation

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello All,

Me & my wife work in UAE, we met here & married 2 years back. I intent to go for Masters from Canada & am 33 years old. I understand I have to prove strong ties back home to get a VISA. Here is my challenge:-

My wife is different nationality than I am & she will continue to work here. After few months I plan to invite her to Canada on SOWP.

My question is, should I apply for her VISA along with my Study Permit or wait for few months. Either ways, she is technically not in home country & in a neutral location so wondering if it will make any difference at all in influencing my application ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback shared.

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hello, kindly apply with your wife alongside your study permit. However, you will have to apply for a visitors visa for your wife. She will have the chance to change the visitors visa to an open work permit once she enters Canada. All she will do is get a letter from her employer stating she will be on leave for maybe four weeks; depending on the number of leave she's entitled. I wish I did the same when I applied for my study permit. I would not have been in this situation right now; VO denied my husband and kids SOWP and visitors visa respectively based on lack of showing ties to our country of residence (UAE). Funny right, because we showed enough relationship to our home country.
Please, apply with your wife now.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello, kindly apply with your wife alongside your study permit. However, you will have to apply for a visitors visa for your wife. She will have the chance to change the visitors visa to an open work permit once she enters Canada. All she will do is get a letter from her employer stating she will be on leave for maybe four weeks; depending on the number of leave she's entitled. I wish I did the same when I applied for my study permit. I would not have been in this situation right now; VO denied my husband and kids SOWP and visitors visa respectively based on lack of showing ties to our country of residence (UAE). Funny right, because we showed enough relationship to our home country.
Please, apply with your wife now.
Firstly very sorry to hear of your case, I hope you will be able to apply again & be successful. Was there any other reason apart from this ? I have not heard of many stories where SOWP was denied. It is usually the student permit. Was yours's accepted in first try ?

If I apply a visit VISA & she has to get a leave letter from employer then she would still have to go back. Find it a bit risky & costly as well. I was thinking to take the plunge & apply her SOWP along with me but then have read lot of cases where VO denied due to lack of ties to home country.

Unfortunately. everything seems to be leading the same road for most UAE residents.

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, I can reapply, but the condition still stands. I can't show ties to my country of residence because I don't have any family member or properties to display. I got my study permit on my first application, so I was very surprised my kids and spouse application was refused.
She might send her resignation from Canada to her employer in UAE. It is tricky for whoever stays in UAE to put forward a strong application for Canadian visas because you don't know what the VO might need( your citizen ties or ties to resident country). We provided links to our home country and thought that would be enough. I did the same when I submitted for my study permit, and I was approved. However, it is just an advice, do whatever you feel will work for you and your family. All the best.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Well, I can reapply, but the condition still stands. I can't show ties to my country of residence because I don't have any family member or properties to display. I got my study permit on my first application, so I was very surprised my kids and spouse application was refused.
She might send her resignation from Canada to her employer in UAE. It is tricky for whoever stays in UAE to put forward a strong application for Canadian visas because you don't know what the VO might need( your citizen ties or ties to resident country). We provided links to our home country and thought that would be enough. I did the same when I submitted for my study permit, and I was approved. However, it is just an advice, do whatever you feel will work for you and your family. All the best.
Thank you for the advise. I think I will apply for my spouse along with me and give it a go, I cant risk her not joining me at later stage. In my SOP I am stating that we will return back to my country of citizenship as my parents are retired & live there. I also have a property under my name so I can show that as well.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
Firstly very sorry to hear of your case, I hope you will be able to apply again & be successful. Was there any other reason apart from this ? I have not heard of many stories where SOWP was denied. It is usually the student permit. Was yours's accepted in first try ?

If I apply a visit VISA & she has to get a leave letter from employer then she would still have to go back. Find it a bit risky & costly as well. I was thinking to take the plunge & apply her SOWP along with me but then have read lot of cases where VO denied due to lack of ties to home country.

Unfortunately. everything seems to be leading the same road for most UAE residents.
You never heard such stories because it is either all get a visa, or all are refused. SOWP and visitor are inseparable from primary applicant and if applied together, they will all be given the same decision. And believe me, even with the perfect case IRCC will find for what reason to refuse SP.

Thank you for the advise. I think I will apply for my spouse along with me and give it a go, I cant risk her not joining me at later stage. In my SOP I am stating that we will return back to my country of citizenship as my parents are retired & live there. I also have a property under my name so I can show that as well.
I would also suggest to apply all together and construct the strongest application possible. If it won’t work for some reason, then seek professional guidance from registered immigration consultant that is currently in Canada. They will be able to tell why it didn’t work and suggest how to approach your second application

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
And believe me, even with the perfect case IRCC will find for what reason to refuse SP

That is sad, I mean I do get there are many fraud cases but one should also look at the profile of the person. A person having a stable career & having family would not consider risking it all only to overstay. Overstaying illegally would simply mean, you cant leave the country, you cant get any benefits, most likely be doing low paid cash jobs and always live with fear of getting caught. Rather, they should think that someone is making the effort to improve their profile by getting higher education, contributing to their economy & is very likely to go via the legal route to obtain a PR. But guess they think differently :)

would also suggest to apply all together and construct the strongest application possible. If it won’t work for some reason, then seek professional guidance from registered immigration consultant that is currently in Canada. They will be able to tell why it didn’t work and suggest how to approach your second application
Yes, this is what we plan on doing. We don't want to be separated for that long, just does not make sense.

janesama

Aug 14, 2020
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-04-2022
Med's Done....
13-08-2020
LANDED..........
16-11-2020
That is sad, I mean I do get there are many fraud cases but one should also look at the profile of the person. A person having a stable career & having family would not consider risking it all only to overstay. Overstaying illegally would simply mean, you cant leave the country, you cant get any benefits, most likely be doing low paid cash jobs and always live with fear of getting caught. Rather, they should think that someone is making the effort to improve their profile by getting higher education, contributing to their economy & is very likely to go via the legal route to obtain a PR. But guess they think differently :)

Yes, this is what we plan on doing. We don't want to be separated for that long, just does not make sense.
I guess they try to sort out those who put this image and it is just a lie to get the visa, and those who are genuine. And it is not always easy and even IRCC is bound to make mistakes.
Then good luck to you guys :) hope everything will work out the first time