+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advise for finding job in Canada.. Pls help

hunhnee18

Jul 28, 2013
Hi good day!

I'm a Filipino citizen but a permanent resident here in hongkong and want to try to work and migrate in Canada coz my partner is working there now.

I have finish secondary school and just got 3rd year in college BSBA Banking & Finace course, and didn't graduate because of visa processing here in hongkong, and need to stay here.

I'm 36 yrs old now and currently working in a western restaurant here. My work experience is 6 yrs in financial company and 5 yrs in a restaurant as a captain.

I would like to know how can I get a job there? Because my friend work here as domestic helper so when she go to the agency she was hire as live in care giver. But when I ask they said I cannot get the same work permit as her coz I work differently here.
Is there any company that could hire me from here? What would be the documents I would be needed? Or should I just get a tourist visa and find a job there? Would it be possible to get job with tourist visa?

Thank you. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Maris77

Aug 7, 2018
Hello. I would like to ask what and where agency in hongkong did your friend went to apply as live in caregiver in Canada, cause I'm planning to apply as well. Marming salamat.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi good day!

I'm a Filipino citizen but a permanent resident here in hongkong and want to try to work and migrate in Canada coz my partner is working there now.

I have finish secondary school and just got 3rd year in college BSBA Banking & Finace course, and didn't graduate because of visa processing here in hongkong, and need to stay here.

I'm 36 yrs old now and currently working in a western restaurant here. My work experience is 6 yrs in financial company and 5 yrs in a restaurant as a captain.

I would like to know how can I get a job there? Because my friend work here as domestic helper so when she go to the agency she was hire as live in care giver. But when I ask they said I cannot get the same work permit as her coz I work differently here.
Is there any company that could hire me from here? What would be the documents I would be needed? Or should I just get a tourist visa and find a job there? Would it be possible to get job with tourist visa?

Thank you. Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.
generally it is very difficult to get a company to hire you when not in Canada, as they need to pay for an LMIA so you can get a work permit. As your partner is over here, you cannot apply for spousal sponsorship as you need to be living together for at least a year (are you married). Are you able to study?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
generally it is very difficult to get a company to hire you when not in Canada, as they need to pay for an LMIA so you can get a work permit. As your partner is over here, you cannot apply for spousal sponsorship as you need to be living together for at least a year (are you married). Are you able to study?
Who processes lmia
Service canada or what?